BC Children’s Hospital is one of the most recognized and highly regarded institutions in the province and has been rated the top brand in BC through research conducted by Insights West.
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation (BCCHF) serves to support the tremendous efforts of the Hospital – its amazing medical care and outstanding research.
Our vision is ambitious: Every child is healthy and able to fulfill their hopes and dreams. Our mission: Be a catalyst for transformative child health through excellence in philanthropy, collaboration and advocacy. The Foundation is looking for people who share our passion to better the lives of children and their families and join us in our quest and successfully advance our vision and mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Strategic Partnerships Officer, the Stewardship Writer is a key member of our Strategic Partnerships team and is responsible for writing compelling, customized stewardship reports for BCCHF’s generous donors. The Stewardship Writer will manage multiple writing projects and plays a pivotal role collaboratively working with key internal and external stakeholders including our Donor Relations and Philanthropy teams, and Hospital, Medical and Research staff. The Stewardship Writer will have the ability to write individualized and inspiring reports that clearly illustrate the impact of philanthropy. These stewardship reports help to ensure our donors understand the positive impact their generosity has had on the Hospital, patients and families.
More specifically, you will:
- Write customized and compelling stewardship reports to inspire donors.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with Hospital, Medical and Research Institute staff to understand the impact of philanthropy on specific initiatives.
- Attain subject matter expertise and mastery in a wide range of clinical, program and research areas.
- Understand complicated medical and technical terminology and have the ability to translate it into compelling and easy to understand language.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Donor Relations and Philanthropy to ensure the best possible stewardship reports for our donors.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving and changing environment.
- Thrive in a highly competitive industry and fast paced work environment-demonstrated and have proven high levels of initiative.
As the ideal candidate, you are a gifted and passionate writer with exceptional oral, communication and collaboration skills. You are a team player with a proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. You embody BCCHF’s values of: excellence, collaboration, accountability, integrity and innovation.
In addition, you will have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Fundraising, Journalism, and/or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five years of related experience with specific experience in writing, fundraising, stewardship, or related role and ideally working in a complex hospital fundraising environment.
- Superb interviewing, editing skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to translate and edit technical information for the lay audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop positive and productive working relationships with colleagues throughout BCCHF and the Hospital community.
- A positive team player and facilitator with a collaborative work style, strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Strong customer service focus, work ethic, positive attitude, adaptable and willingness to take initiative.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is preferred or the equivalent combination of related skills and experience.
- Good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Raiser’s Edge 7 or other database experience is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
BCCHF’s employees have helped to create a work environment in which there is laughter, passion and pride. It is a place where people are respected, appreciated and recognized for their individual and team efforts. We see our employees as our most valuable resource, and we work hard to ensure that employees continue to work in a collaborative and positive environment. As a result, we are proud to state that we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for eight years in a row!
In addition to a nine-day fortnight and a commitment to professional development, we offer a dynamic team environment and a comprehensive compensation package including benefits.
Does this sound exciting? Come join our team and help make miracles happen!
Apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careers by noon, July 6, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.