VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Associate Director, Marketing Communications will cultivate and drive engagement in the Foundation donor community, the broader VCH community and the public. This person will contribute to overall messaging and marketing efforts to both existing and prospective donors, continually creating a fresh, compelling, and brand-conscious case for support of the Foundation’s priorities with a particular focus on major and planned gifts, annual giving and event fundraising.
We are looking for a well-organized fundraising communications professional with strong critical thinking and impeccable writing skills, a track record of creating nuanced and successful donor communications vehicles, and (preferably) experience or interest in health care philanthropy. S/he must be comfortable working in a results-oriented, goal and deadline driven environment and a collaborative, consensus-building culture.
- With support of the Director, Marketing and Communications developing and implementing marketing communications plans to meet philanthropic objectives, helping to strengthen existing relationships and build support for specific campaign initiatives among key constituents – both donors and physician/health care partners.
- Collaborating with Foundation leaders across teams (i.e. Philanthropy, Donor Relations, Annual Giving, etc.) to define specific engagement, cultivation, and stewardship messaging for a diverse constituent audience based on fundraising priorities and brand platform.
- Contributing to the strategic vision in the development of digital strategy: web content and web marketing, social media, PR and collateral to generate brand awareness and donations.
- Managing and executing the creation of collateral materials, including print and email newsletters to donors and prospects, case statements, web articles, press releases and media outreach, custom donor proposals, and brochures.
- Reviewing and polishing fundraising materials and proposals produced by philanthropy staff for messaging, consistency, appropriateness, and quality.
- Guiding social media strategy.
- Managing, updating, and evaluating opportunities to leverage the Foundation’s website
- Developing and managing media partnerships/sponsorship promotions as needed.
- Regularly assessing communications to key constituents for opportunities to refine and strengthen fundraising content and strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent and a minimum of eight years’ experience in marketing communications; fundraising marketing communications experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to define marketing and strategic communications goals and objectives for multiple target audiences, and to develop and implement strategic communications plans to accomplish goals.
- Self-starter capable of managing, successfully prioritizing and executing multiple concurrent tasks, while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; strong attention to detail.
- Substantial experience in leveraging web, email and social media for fundraising purposes.
- Experience producing marketing communications plans and materials for fundraising and stewardship purposes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, particularly with cross-departmental teams—ability to work with people at all levels of the Foundation. A diplomatic, customer-service oriented personality is essential.
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits. Start date: Immediate.
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter, with “Associate Director, Marketing Communications” in the subject line, by September 6, 2017 to:
Corina Somerville (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9