The BC Centre for Palliative Care is a non-profit organization providing leadership for best practice, research and education in Palliative Care, Advance Care Planning and Compassionate Communities.
Established in 2014 by the Institute for Health System Transformation & Sustainability, the Centre is committed to enabling excellence in care for all British Columbians living with serious illness. As a provincial organization, we collaborate with members of the public, policy makers, regional health authorities, professional bodies and community organizations from across BC.
The Centre’s focus is to convene and establish provincial networks and community partnerships by drawing together various stakeholders, clinicians, researchers, and educators to enhance access to palliative care education and services and Advance Care Planning. The Centre serves as a catalyst to stimulate conversations and support efforts that foster excellence in compassionate care.
We’re a small team of dedicated staff with an office conveniently located in New Westminster. For more information about us visit http://www.bc-cpc.ca.
Communication and Marketing Manager
The Centre is seeking a seasoned Communications Manager for a full-time position as the Centre’s communications and marketing manager. Your role will be to help position the Centre as a provincial leader in promoting excellence in palliative and end of life care in BC.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working collaboratively with senior staff, the successful candidate will develop and prepare a communication and multichannel marketing strategy for the BC CPC and implement innovative strategies for diverse audiences to support our initiatives in Advance Care Planning, Integration of a Palliative Approach to Care and Compassionate Communities.
As we are a small organization, we require an individual who combines both strategic and tactical capacity; a planner and doer.
- Develop and implement the Centre’s communication strategy to increase brand recognition, enhance our reputation, and promote public awareness, education and participation.
- Work with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) to enhance public and community engagement
- Utilize a range of digital tools to maximize the impact of our initiatives and to capitalize on collaborations
- Ensure overall quality standards of various web and social media communication materials are met by liaising with the Centre’s team members to ensure consistency in the writing, editing and production of materials
- Assist in creating videos for instructional and promotional purposes
- Write press releases and create promotional material for print and web-based media
- Assist staff in promoting special events and workshops for the public, for healthcare providers and organizations
- Develop and implement an evaluation strategy for the Centre’s communications and marketing activities.
Qualifications and Skills
Undergraduate degree in Communications, Information Design, or a related field, with at least 5 years Communications experience, that could include working with non-profits, social enterprises, small organizations and distributed teams. Proven skills and experience in all aspects of communications includes:
- Solid professional and public writing and editing skills.
- Solid knowledge and experience in media, public relations, and public engagement
- Advanced competency with MS Office 365 software applications (including SharePoint)
- Design experience of promotional materials
- Social media content development
- Managing complex projects effectively within established deadlines
- Communicating with subject matter experts and a broad range of stakeholders including public, community organizations, health care professionals and policy makers
- Ability to build consensus and problem solve using critical thinking and diplomacy
- Experience in health, government, academic, media and social change environments
- Passion for improving care and support for the seriously ill and their families
Applying: We welcome applications from qualified individuals who are passionate about our work. The salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Please submit your resume and covering letter to email@example.com by November 18, 2017.