The Communications and Engagement Manager will report directly to the Communications Director and will help manage the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive construction communications and engagement program for the Pattullo Bridge Replacement (PBR) Project. The Manager will be an integral part of the Communications team in support of the Province’s overall communication objectives for the Project.
Project Co’s scope for communications, community relations, and engagement on the PBR Project includes the following activities:
- construction and traffic notification;
- enquiry-response management;
- community relations;
- stakeholder relations;
- crisis communications and issues management; and
- media and government relations.
Communications and Engagement Manager Responsibilities
- Work directly with the senior managers of the Project to develop and implement internal and external messaging related to construction for PBR Project.
- Draft public notifications for local communities, stakeholders, and the general public regarding construction, construction-related traffic impacts, and incidents.
- Support the Province’s media relations activities by providing accurate information about the Project when required.
- Manage and respond to all enquiries, suggestions, and complaints related to the Project that may result from construction such as timing, traffic impacts, noise, hours of work, and construction updates.
- Proactively manage regular contact with local communities, stakeholders, and the general public regarding construction.
- Support the Communications Director and the Province with issues management as required.
- Coordinate all communications and engagement activities with the Province.
- Participate in a proactive community and stakeholder engagement program that will build relationships and that will provide local communities, stakeholders, and the general public with regular information about Project designs, plans, benefits, impacts, and construction.
- Identify emerging issues within communities, with local businesses, and/or members of the public and help develop and implement strategies to track, address, mitigate, and minimize any issues or potential issues in consultation with the Province.
- Participate in stakeholder group meetings. Assist with the development and implementation of regular meetings with specific stakeholder groups identified in the Project Agreement. Assist the team with planning and meetings throughout the Project term to seek input and/or inform on Project design, construction activities, and other matters of interest to local businesses and services, residents, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Participate in community relations programs or events as required.
- Assist Communications team with generating social media content for the Province.
- Assist Communications team with the management of a 24/7 construction information line.
- Assist Communications team with the management of an online electronic tracking database.
- Demonstrate success in understanding the needs and sensitivities of different audiences and adapting appropriate presentation style, writing style, and content.
- Demonstrate best practices in project communications approaches, strategies and tactics.
- Ensuring adherence to Project brand identity in communications internally and externally.
- Support ongoing alignment and collaboration between other marketing and communications teams with joint venture partners during the annual planning process.
The Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager for PBR will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all staff throughout the Project team and work as a team player. The candidate will be required to interact with members of the public and businesses involving sensitive issues. The candidate will also be required to work within a large multi-disciplinary construction team.
- Create and maintain a strong network of support both internally and externally
- Experience working in Construction is an asset.
- Experience working with online database management systems.
- Be adaptable under pressure – demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Be sensitive and tactful in dealing with issues, concerns, complaints and comments from community members, local businesses, stakeholders, and members of the public.
- Demonstrated experience with issues management experience preferably on high profile public infrastructure construction projects in an urban environment.
To apply, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com.