The Communications Manager is responsible for the creation, implementation and oversight of relevant and meaningful information to internal and external stakeholders through a variety of channels. Collaborating with the VP – Professional Services, the Manager provides leadership in all areas of communications, and works closely with BCREA staff and member boards.
- Manages internal communication to ensure strategic goals and objectives are met.
- Manages external communications to achieve BCREA’s public-facing strategic goals and objectives, primarily promoting the value and image of BC REALTORS®.
- Manages the content and distribution of all BCREA publications.
- Manages appropriate communication vehicles (e.g., email, video, website, newsletter, annual report) to ensure the dissemination of key messages.
- Develops and implements research projects as they arise.
- Reviews and adopts new technologies to respond to changing audience needs.
- Prepares regular briefing notes, speeches and presentations for Directors and Officers.
- Supports the communications needs of all departments in preparing and distributing communications materials.
- Works with the Canadian Real Estate Association, and other BC and Canadian boards to develop and implement public image campaigns/projects.
- Measures the effectiveness of communication initiatives and vehicles.
- Hires and directs external consultants and agencies, as needed.
- Provides guidance in special event planning (e.g., including conferences, Annual Meetings, tradeshow participation).
- Supports, trains and mentor the Communications team to meet their full potential, including supervision and performance reviews.
- Embraces the culture of the organization and acts in line with BCREA values.
- Provides support to staff in the absence of the VP – Professional Services.
- Provides/ensures vacation coverage for all Communications roles, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in communications, or equivalent work experience
- At least five years’ experience as a communicator, ideally in a management position
- Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with email distribution services and Microsoft Office products
- Creativity for internal and external communications
- Well-developed initiative, solutions-based problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Robust supervisory and coaching skills
- Strong project management skills and aptitude to consistently meet deadlines
- Capacity to thrive in consultative, collaborative and political dynamics of member associations
- Excellent relationship skills, including diplomacy and tact and ability to “roll with the punches” in contexts where there are diverse views and open debate
- Enthusiasm, adaptability and willingness to make a difference
- Deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 4:30 pm
- Content: Please include a cover letter, resume and two writing samples
- Format: Microsoft Word or PDF
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org