Temporary, maternity leave coverage
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 125,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Manager, Communications will lead and support the development and delivery of public relations and communications programs and services to help the Foundation achieve its goals and objectives. You will develop strategies and initiatives to positively position the Heart & Stroke Foundation with internal and external stakeholders and establish the Foundation as a leading health charity. This is a temporary role covering a maternity leave with an anticipated term of 12 months.
- Develop Provincial marketing and communications plan and budget.
- Oversee Provincial roll-out of national brand and public awareness campaigns and materials.
- Oversee and manage the corporate brand in public facing initiatives.
- Plan and manage the annual provincial editorial calendar and content strategy.
- Execute and deliver public relations plans through a variety of media initiatives.
- Manage content curation for provincial digital assets and collateral.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with medial contacts and disseminate media materials as required.
- Complete media effectiveness evaluations and reports.
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
Experience and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven results building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Demonstrated success in content management and developing and implementing communications and public relations plans.
- Superb oral and written communications and editorial skills in a variety of media.
- Demonstrated experience with media monitoring and tracking software and social media dashboards.
- Social media, WordPress or other blogging platforms, basic design software knowledge is considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests.
- Demonstrated MS Office expertise.
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the reference number CMBC052017 and your name (first and last) in the email subject, and let us know where you viewed this opportunity in your cover letter. (If you do not put the reference number and your name in the email subject, your application may not be received by the correct party.)
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Learn more about Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca