HEALTH CARE JOBS WITH A WORLD-CLASS INNOVATOR IN MEDICAL CARE, RESEARCH, & TEACHING.
Vancouver Coastal Health delivers services to more than 1 million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Corridor, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, the Central Coast and surrounding areas. Our amazing jobs, workforce, and remarkable organizational culture ensure that VCH is always promoting better heath for our communities through innovation and exceptional care.
Our management teams guide and support our 20,000+ employees towards realizing our vision of ensuring healthy lives in healthy communities. VCH offers leadership positions in clinical, operational and strategic planning areas. We look for specialists who have demonstrated management experience and who have the leadership qualities necessary for our dynamic health care organization. Enjoy a career full of challenge, opportunity and career growth potential.
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Corporate Communications team in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, and in partnership with the Communications Leader for the designated Community of Care (CoC), the Communications Specialist is on the front lines of planning and executing internal and external communication and engagement strategies to advance local, regional and VCH-wide initiatives. The Specialist has superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and is extremely detail oriented, capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects and client expectations.
The Communications Specialist has a flair for 'productive innovation', meaning he/she brings new ideas for content and communication approaches to the table, but uses intuition and a keen sense of observation to understand what will work for leaders, adapt on the fly, and consistently meet deadlines.
When it comes to writing, the Specialist does it all - from original storytelling in newsletter articles, video scripts, blogs, speeches and presentations, to succinct operational communication in memos, briefing notes, web copy, intranet updates and more. The Specialist works with the Director and/or the local Communications Leader to provide input on communication strategies, but ultimately thrives on implementation, executing on the myriad of communication tools and tactics necessary to engage internal and external audiences on the issues, changes, opportunities and everyday successes happening in the world of health care.
The Specialist also has outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders, and listen closely for insight about what clients really need in order to advance audience engagement.
On daily basis, the Specialist will attend project and team meetings, coordinate special events, conduct interviews and write original copy for numerous communication channels, run down the hall to shoot a quick video or two, and liaise with colleagues to assess emerging communication priorities. The Specialist also serves as a local point person to supplement the efforts of the Public Affairs team by investigating flagging potential good news opportunities, identifying emerging issues, drafting issues notes, and providing media escorts.
Education & Experience:
- Education or experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- A strong communicator with five (5) years’ recent, related experience.
- Previous experience working in health care or a public sector environment is desirable.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking coupled with the ability to produce effective products and campaigns.
- Demonstrated content planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience with video production.
- Demonstrated solutions-focus, positive attitude, maturity and ability to engage a variety of busy stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate events and forums to advance stakeholder engagement with organizational initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently research, prioritize and assemble details for all aspects of a project or initiative.
- A results-oriented and enthusiastic team player who thrives on new challenges and responds nimbly to new priorities.
- Strong customer service skills to adeptly investigate client needs and negotiate communication solutions that are both cost effective and aligned with stated audience needs.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the willingness to work across individual roles to deliver collaborative communication solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Contributes to a team environment by working efficiently, professionally and in a friendly manner, and establishes and maintains a harmonious working relationship with all colleagues.
- Advanced computer skills in organizational electronic communication technology, publishing and web-based communications. Demonstrated expertise with WordPress, Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop, and MS SharePoint is desirable.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please click here to apply --> http://bit.ly/2V9pR9h
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.