Responsible for the oversight and delivery of communications and services to internal and community stakeholders and the membership throughout British Columbia and the Yukon, the Communications Specialist plays an operational role in delivering leading edge communications, correspondence, and media responses. Working with all CPHR BC & Yukon staff, the overarching goal of the position is to create content and communications for the organization’s use.
- Supporting the work of a number of Association units and working closely with the Manager, Marketing and Communications as well as the COO and CEO, participates in the development, refinement and delivery of a comprehensive communications strategy for the organization.
- Working with the CPHR BC & Yukon team, identifies and responds to opportunities to communicate with internal and external stakeholders, members and volunteers.
- Seen as the go to source for writing, editing, and coordinating all communications for the association.
- Writes and edits reports, news releases, scripts, annual report, articles, Association collateral, and email communications.
- Designs advertisements, signs, and collateral as required using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and DreamWeaver.
- Gathers information from management, colleagues, and external sources with a view of writing communications and then disseminating the communications to the correct channels.
- Oversees all the WordPress pages and ensures background setup for Net form pages. Writes, edits and coordinates website content including metrics.
- Is the editor of PeopleTalkonline.ca, including, but not limited to, sourcing, editing, writing content, and overall website design.
- Create social media content, including a content calendar, posts contents, and edits graphics on Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Assistant editor of People Talk Magazine which includes proof reading, providing input into editorial meetings, writing correspondence and articles as needed, collaborating on articles, and cover art.
- Attends relevant functions and stays abreast of trends and opportunities affecting the Association and its members for the purpose of informing campaigns, communicating and corresponding out to the stakeholders.
- Oversees Informz platform including, but not limited to, templates, personalization, subscriptions, and unsubscriptions, and automated campaigns
- Performs other related and ancillary duties as the circumstances, from time to time, may reasonably warrant.
- Baccalaureate or Masters degree in communications, journalism or public relations
- CPHR designation deemed as significant asset.
- Not less than eight (8) years of progressive work experience in roles requiring communications, public relations, or journalism.
- Strong experience and knowledge with the use and navigation of social media applications.
- Ability to work and formulate communications independently, within a team, and across functional and operational teams.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, A mass mailing software like – Informz, Constant Contact and HTML.
SKILLS & DISPOSITION:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good prospecting and networking skills.
- Philosophy of member/customer satisfaction.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other units/departments and cross-functional teams.
- Solid planning, and coordination skills.
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, and make decisions.
- Demonstrated time management, and multitasking skills.