The Marketing, Communications & Web Division is currently seeking a Communications Specialist to guide earned media strategy and communications planning in support of public relations and marketing campaigns for special projects, services, programs and events.
- Develop and write communications strategies, marketing plans, creative briefs and key messages to achieve city goals and objectives,
- Provide communications advice to internal clients in support of city branding, effective public engagement, marketing mix and communications best practice,
- Support earned media strategy and planning for internal business units including pitching stories and preparing media materials,
- Prepare ad copy, white papers, speaking notes, presentations, website content, video scripts, editorial content and other written material supporting strategic priorities and initiatives,
- Advise and support city sponsorship initiatives and best practices,
- Coordinate all components of marketing and communications campaigns including design requests, ad booking, critical paths, print requests and internal resources such as photography and videography services, and digital channel best practices,
- Execute projects and initiatives on-time and within scope and budget,
- Prepare and execute RFPs and RFQs as needed,
- Coordinate and conduct market research, market surveys and customer feedback,
- Prepare divisional award submissions on successful communications and engagement projects,
- Support staff training and internal awareness of marketing and media best practices.
The successful candidate must:
- Have graduated from a university or college level program in a related discipline supplemented by formal business training and three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Have considerable experience in writing, campaign management and communications planning, as well as working with graphic designers, videographers and corporate sponsors,
- Have the ability to advise and guide communications, media and engagement approaches,
- Be a professional, team player who can work independently and is customer focused and service oriented,
- Be an effective communicator both orally and in writing.
Condition of Employment
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.