POSITION DESCRIPTION – Manager, Communications (CONTRACT)
Reports to: Director, Communications & Government Relations
The Manager, Communications is responsible for managing Eldorado’s corporate reputation and valuation. Working collaboratively with the Director, Communications & Government Relations, you help to implement the external and internal communications strategy for the Company. Key areas of responsibility include corporate communications, digital presence, internal communications, brand management, media relations and corporate giving.
The Manager, Communications will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Director with strategic communications counsel to senior executives, departments and subsidiaries.
- Helps research, write and proofread external materials such as factsheets, backgrounders, Q&A’s, presentations, reports, news releases, speeches, and emails.
- Assists in the dissemination of Company news releases.
- Coordinates quarterly conference calls and webcasts.
- Assists IR Manager with presentation creation, including graphic elements and incorporating multi-media.
- Provides support to in-country Public Relations teams as needed.
- Helps create b-roll footage and videos.
- Ensures VRIFY tours and platform is up-to-date.
- Coordinates Company participation in industry trade shows.
- Supports the Sustainability Department in the production of the Company’s Sustainability report.
Digital Presence (Website, Blog, Social Media)
- Maintains the Corporate website ensuring all content is up-to-date and in line with corporate disclosure.
- Responsible for the Company’s blog and social media strategy, including planning (blog/social media calendars), execution (content creation, writing, posting and dissemination) and evaluation (analytics).
- Ensures online communications are consistent with other relevant corporate initiatives.
- Monitors the Company’s subsidiaries’ blogs and social media channels, and affiliated Industry Associations for further amplification of news stories.
- Monitors online engagement, engages where appropriate, and helps to develop Eldorado’s online voice.
- Researches social media best practice and suggests online engagement suitable for the Company.
- Ensures the Company’s Social Media Guidelines are up to date.
- Creates and executes communications plans, working in close partnership with the Head of Global Talent & Employee Communications on internal initiatives.
- Plans and executes internal employee events aimed at promoting transparency, sharing information and facilitating Company-wide communications.
- Prepares key messages and communications collateral for internal initiatives.
- Collaborates with regional communication teams on employee-facing initiatives, including tailoring and translating content where necessary.
- Uses the Intranet to keep employees current on both external messages and internal stories that reinforce our key results, values, and leadership behaviours.
- Manages the Communications and Investor Relations sections of the Intranet.
- Evaluates and gathers feedback on the effectiveness of internal communication approaches and makes continuous improvements over time to improve engagement.
- Coordinates the appearance of print and electronic materials to ensure adherence to the Company’s brand guidelines.
- Manages briefs for contracted design agencies, photographers and videographers.
- Develops and maintains Company’s photo/video database.
- Helps in planning the Company’s annual advertising strategy.
- Organizes the design and placement of adverts as needed.
- Manages the Company’s domain name portfolio ensuring Eldorado’s digital assets are protected.
- Sources and orders promotional and other branded materials.
- Proactive monitoring of media for Eldorado-related news stories, political/regulatory news and issues of relevance to the Company.
- Highlights misinformation and errors for correction.
- Helps draft key messages, Q&A’s, backgrounders, responses and statements where necessary.
- Assists in organizing media and crisis training for spokespeople.
- Manages the Company’s Corporate Giving programme, including organizing Committee meetings, payments and responding to charitable requests.
- Collaboration – We succeed together
- Integrity – We are honest and do the right thing
- Agility – We continuously assess, adapt and navigate to the find solutions
- Courage – We embrace the unknown and face changes head-on
- Drive – We persevere through adversity, remaining committed to delivering on our promises
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in communications or related field.
- 7-10 years of related and progressive work experience.
- Good general knowledge of the gold industry and current issues in mining an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of communication best practices.
- Experience of producing corporate communication strategies and plans.
- Experience of working for a publicly traded international mining company an asset.
- Sound knowledge of capital markets, securities law and corporate governance an asset.
- Professional member of CPRS/IABC or equivalent.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org