The Marketing and Communications Coordinator (internally job-titled as Communications Advisor I) is responsible for the effective coordination of the Corporate Affairs team. This position contributes to all facets of communications, including support for events and trade shows, producing written and visual material, managing content libraries, tracking key deliverables, and monitoring progress against goals.
- Coordinate and facilitate a variety of projects across the team to support organizational goals and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the organization and management of Seaspan Shipyards’ participation in events and trade shows.
- Design, write and/or edit a variety of material including articles, blog posts, website content, infographics, photographic and video content.
- Maintain content library and digital assets created by the Corporate Affairs team. Work with team to coordinate new visual content creation.
- Support management of Corporate Affairs calendar (events, trade shows, conferences, awards, etc. across Canada) and monitor progress towards achievement of goals.
- Assist with administering corporate sponsorships and memberships,
- Assist in identification of process efficiencies and streamlining of procedures.
Education and Experience
- A college Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Journalism or related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on marketing and communications experience in a deadline-driven environment, preferably in industrial, manufacturing or government sectors.
- Experience managing events and trade shows is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Excellent English grammar skills. You have a way with words and have a knack for creating interesting copy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. You’re able to meet tight deadlines, manage shifting priorities and juggle multiple projects and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially PowerPoint), SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite, along with marketing automation and web development platforms and other graphic design tools.
- Strong creative and design skills, including with photography and videography.
- A strong team player, self-motivated, proactive, innovative and flexible.
- An ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. You can quickly process new, complex information and ask the right questions.
- Enthusiastic and versatile, willing to take on responsibility, demonstrate initiative and eager to learn and improve.