SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Job ID: 3163
Location: BURNABY, BC
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
The Senior Social Media Specialist works with the Senior Social Media & Digital Advisor to curate and develop content for BC Housing’s various digital and social media channels, and executes social media campaigns and strategies to support BC Housing’s goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or advanced diploma in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years’ progressively more complex and responsible work experience as a social media and digital content producer.
- Experience in working with various design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography and videography experience, an asset.
- A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to write conversational content, promote BC Housing programs, and respond to online concerns in an informed and engaging manner.
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Intermediate to advanced Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and graphic design skills for developing graphics, photos, memes, JPEGS, motion graphics, videos and other communications materials as needed by the communications department.
- Passion for digital storytelling; ability to inspire with multi-media success stories.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to shoot and edit video for digital platforms, an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced photography skills and knowledge of photography standards and copyright laws for use on digital and social platforms.
- Familiarity with community engagement tools for use on mobile, digital and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other reporting tools such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Hootsuite analytics.
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, and digital best practices.
- Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness.
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to cover events which need social media coverage.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.