The Business Partner, Communications collaborates across the organization to communicate key organizational initiatives, represent the organization, manage issues, and consider the organization's reputation in communications. This role works with the Executive team, HR and Project Management to identify opportunities to develop a content strategy in support of organization’s business objectives. In this role you will ensure change initiatives are delivered in a compelling way and ensure all clients and audiences are considered. In addition, the Business Partner, Communications will also serve as our Corporate Brand Office to develop and maintain all brand standards, educate employees, identify opportunities for improvement and proactively building strategies to address them.
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Union
Number of Positions: 1
Pay Grade: 15
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reports to: Leader, Marketing & Communications
As a Business Partner, Communications, you will:
- Media Relations: support media relations, including providing counsel and advice relating to media/public issues to employees. Organize both social and traditional media relations activities as required, to support Technical Safety BC initiatives.
- External Communication: plan and implement external communication and marketing strategies as assigned to communicate strategic information to targeted audiences.
- Communications Plans: prepare and implement formal roll out plans, measure and evaluate project success
- Writing and Editing Materials: content creation - including: corporate content, presentations, briefing notes, news releases, speeches, brochures, backgrounders, digital content, newsletters, profiles, bios, marketing material, and articles for publications and websites to support business goals and objectives.
- Communications Support and Advice: provide advice and support internally on communications strategies to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach across the organization.
- Content audits: perform qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts as well as gap analyses.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience you have:
- Experience preparing news features, releases, brochures, publications, issue updates, briefings notes, speeches and presentations.
- Experience responding to media inquiries.
- Experience planning and implementing stakeholder, public and media relations strategies and programs.
- Experience with media monitoring and web-based communication platforms.
- Experience assessing the effectiveness of communications programs.
- Experience developing and recommending promotional and event content.
- Ability to advise members of the senior management team.
- Ability to quickly establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve communications objectives.
- Superior writing, editing, social media and computer, skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to respond to issues and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to identify potential stakeholder/public concerns.
- Requires a degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related discipline supplemented by a minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate communications.
About Technical Safety BC
Technical Safety BC is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. In addition to issuing permits, licenses and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research. Through simplification of our initiatives, we promote understanding and engagement, making safety accessible to everyone. As society changes, we create and adopt new ideas, skills, and tools that will enable us to meet the safety challenges of a highly-connected world.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the safety system in B.C. We are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. Technical Safety BC welcomes those who would contribute to further diversifying our organization, as we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our values guide our work.
- We See Genius in Diversity
- We Foster Confidence
- We Make the Complex Simple
- We Adapt
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. This opportunity will remain posted until filled; however, priority consideration will be given to those who apply by the deadline. To see a full list of our current opportunities or to learn more about Technical Safety BC, please visit our website at technicalsafetybc.ca/careers.
Please note: Technical Safety BC has implemented a mandatory vaccine policy effective November 29, 2021. For more information, please refer to this page on our website