Business Writer Coordinator
Duration: Temporary, Full Time
Location: Richmond, British Columbia
Deadline date: June 18, 2021
WorkSafeBC is looking for a motivated and action-oriented business writer coordinator to join its Facilities department, to lead the development and production of real property and workplace services publications and other resources. You'll support the Facilities senior leadership team and other areas by providing project management expertise to produce print and digital resources aimed at promoting sustainable workplaces and a positive experience that enables organizational performance.
This position is a temporary assignment of approximately 12 months.
As a business writer coordinator you will:
- Coordinate the development and production of real property and workplace services publications, working closely with subject matter experts, marketing advisors, technical writers and editors, graphic artists, and web publishers
- Communicate frequently and proactively with project group members by phone, email, and in meetings where you'll typically lead and present
- Create and manage documentation for resource development projects, including statements of work, project briefs, schedules, promotion and distribution plans, and status updates.
- Collaborate with team members through online tools such as MS Teams and SharePoint
We're looking for someone who can:
- Independently coordinate, prioritize, and monitor multiple projects in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and sometimes shifting priorities
- Organize and schedule people and resources to develop realistic action plans to meet project targets, while giving consideration to time constraints and resource availability
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, using plain language and standard spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ensure required documentation is completed thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely fashion
- Maintain consistency with established workflow processes and editorial and brand standards
- Develop and maintain effective and respectful working relationships
Your experience and educational background:
- A diploma or degree in business or a related field such as communications, journalism, or English
- A minimum of two years' recent experience in project management or coordination (experience with publishing projects is an asset)
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/60b122a0e9e1a80519d6cb2f/5ee8cdf24530fa089f2b7e90/en