The Communications Coordinator is a strong multi-tasker with an interest in all facets of the corporate communications function, including media and public relations, internal communications, crisis and issues management, stakeholder relations, and corporate sustainability. This person is a master at balancing multiple projects simultaneously and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be excited to be part of a talented communications team, enthusiastic to learn about media and business, be naturally creative and keen to contribute ideas to all projects and discussions, be an avid reader of media channels, and remain up to date with industry trends. The role reports to the Director, Communications & Stakeholder Relations, and support the Communications Managers with all areas of the communications function.
Key Areas of Accountability
Media and Public Relations
- Work with communications team and external agencies to deliver on the creative and strategic media relations plans for the company’s global markets, including responding to inbound inquiries from media, and measuring and reporting on media coverage.
- Write, edit and curate media materials, including media releases, media kits, pitch notes, advertorials, interview talking points, award applications, and other communications products
- Support with the planning and execution of events, including the media familiarization trip program and related logistics
- Develop and implement regular news updates to media contacts, and maintain contact databases for all markets
- Stay current on media and travel industry trends and insights to identify opportunities for the company
- Curate, write and edit content for internal communications channels, including intranet, emails, and e-newsletters
- Support the development and implementation of internal team education and engagement events
- Develop, design and edit materials to support change management activities, including infographics, posters, videos, quick reference guides, message documents, and other resources
- Manage the corporate giving inbox to review, action, and tracking requests for donations, and support other corporate sustainability activities, such as internal reporting and team-led engagement and fundraising campaigns
- Measure and report on internal communication channels and activities
Corporate Communications and Stakeholder Relations
- Nurture relationships internally across the business and ensure teams are aware of updated communications resources
- Develop and maintain corporate award and spokesperson databases, and seek opportunities to increase profile for the company through these areas
- Ensure issues and crisis communications templates are maintained, and support with communications response in scenarios when required and as directed
- Support stakeholder relations activities, including development of regular updates, maintaining contact databases, and tracking industry insights and developments
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing
- An understanding of the media landscape, emerging trends, and the roles of earned and owned media
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Superior writing and editing skills (proficiency will be requested)
- Service oriented with a strong customer focus
- Advanced MS Office skills; experience with Adobe Create Suite an asset
- Technical proficiency with photo and video equipment and editing
- Strong negotiation skills to engage and satisfy all parties involved
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage projects from beginning to end
- Ability to travel and represent Rocky Mountaineer throughout the year as required
To apply for this position, visit Careers at Rocky Mountaineer.