Located at LABC’s Vancouver Regional Centre, this position’s role is to research, produce, implement and disseminate stakeholder communication materials and strategies under the direction of the manager; develop and/or update content on the organization’s website; provide communication advice and support to other departments within the organization; coordinate, complete, and implement communication projects, and support the organization’s stakeholder and media relations programs.
Who We Are
Legal Aid BC provides legal aid to people with low incomes in BC. As a non-profit organization, our goal is to provide legal information, advice, and representation services to some of BC’s most vulnerable and marginalized citizens: those who do not have the financial, educational, social or health resources to effectively access the justice system when their families, freedom, or safety are at risk.
The Ideal Candidate
You have a post-secondary degree or diploma related to Communication, Journalism, or Public Relations supplemented by four or more years of experience in internal and external communications, media and legal affairs reporting, video production and editing software, or an equivalent combination of education/experience. You strive to exceed expectations and are a team player.
In return for your hard work and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary based on your skills and experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Four weeks paid vacation to start that grows the longer you’re with LABC
- An excellent employee benefits package, where premiums are 100% paid by LABC
- A generous pension plan
- Support for training and development
- An Employee and Family Assistance program
- $200 a year towards Employee Wellness programs
- A healthy work/life balance
- Social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Generous leave provisions (sick time, special leaves)
- 13 paid statutory holidays
If you are interested in joining us – visit our careers page for the full job posting at www.legalaid.bc.ca and apply now!
We would like to thank all external applicants for their interest but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Legal Aid BC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society. Members of equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.