Creative Fire is a 100% Indigenous-owned consulting agency that provides expert support in research, strategy, and creative execution. With deep Indigenous roots and more than two decades working alongside institutions, companies and leaders in Indigenous and non-Indigenous settings, we know that forging relationships between these two worlds poses challenges that takes unwavering commitment to solve. We help bridge gaps of understanding and build connections between Indigenous and non-Indigenous players, helping advance initiatives in such areas as: reputation management, diversity and inclusion, change management and more. From corporate reporting and recruitment to community and public relations, we work with clients to address their most important business, engagement and communications needs.
And, at the heart of Creative Fire is, well, a heart. As a purpose-driven company, we believe we can contribute to a more progressive, inclusive and diverse Canada. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our work and fostering it within our business. We encourage applications from applicants of all backgrounds and identities.
Job summary: We are seeking a Communications and Brand Specialist to join our Creative Fire team. Your work will support our branding projects, inform and engage target audiences, and help deliver our clients’ strategic objectives. The Communications and Brand Specialist will work collaboratively with team members, partners and clients to understand strategic needs, develop solutions, and create concepts and content. Our ideal candidate should be a self-motivated, multi-skilled, imaginative communicator with an eye for detail. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working independently, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is driven to exceed expectations.
JOB TITLE: Communications and Brand Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications
TYPE: Full-time, permanent; 40 hours/week
LOCATION: We are a fully virtual team that is spread across Canada. We welcome talent from across the country.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary, medical and dental benefits
- Professional development
- Flexible, virtual work environment
- Purpose-driven work with a passionate and talented team
- Work closely with creative and communications teams to develop content and solutions for a wide range of clients.
- Take a lead role in researching, writing and editing a wide range of compelling communications materials and content, working across all platforms and channels
- Propose copy concepts and solutions to Creative Fire colleagues and leadership.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Deliver content strategies, competitive scans, content audits, social media plans and editorial calendars.
- Utilize earned, paid, digital media and PR tactics to achieve strategic communications goals.
- Help develop the brand voice for a wide range of clients.
- Develop content strategies and information architecture for web projects.
- Load, update and manage website content.
- Help curate content and conduct research for RFPs.
- Contribute to a team peer-review process to ensure all content meets Creative Fire standards.
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations.
- At minimum, 5 years’ progressive experience in communications and content creation, preferably in an agency setting.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities or businesses
- Degree in journalism, creative writing, communications, marketing or equivalent.
- Expert written and verbal communicator, with the ability to articulate brand concepts, and write in a wide range of voices and styles.
- Extensive writing and editing experience across a wide range of mediums and channels, and an understanding of the differences and requirements of various mediums.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital communication
- Highly creative and solution-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Forward thinking and in touch with current trends.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee
and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
INCLUSION, DIVERSITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
As a purpose-driven company, we believe we can contribute to a more progressive, inclusive and diverse Canada. We are committed to promoting inclusion and diversity in our work and fostering it within our business. We are always looking for candidates who can expand our team culture and bring new strengths and perspectives to the work, and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. An equitable and accessible recruitment process is a key part of our approach. Please let us know if we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit applications to https://desnedhe.startdate.ca/#/apply/public/185