ICBC's Communications department has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Advisor with a focus on developing communications plans for high-profile corporate initiatives. This is a senior position within the department and will, at times, require availability outside of normal working hours.
In this role, you will:
- Develop communications strategies which support ICBC’s corporate goals.
- Plan and coordinate the supporting implementation activities.
- Write internal and external communication materials.
- Provide strategic advice to senior management and business areas to help manage related risks and issues.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the Communications team in the development of their communications plans.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships across the organization to enable effective communications planning and delivery.
- Liaise with other members of the Communications team to ensure a common understanding of current issues, activities and key messages; and also lead/participate in initiatives that support the other areas of the team.
- You have a background in corporate communications planning in a large multi-stakeholder organization or an equivalent combination of experience and education (preferably an undergraduate degree in a related field).
- Experience working for a Crown corporation or in a unionized environment, an asset.
- You have experience doing work that requires the understanding of complex concepts and procedures.
- You’re a team player with excellent organizational skills, strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- You’re willing to work as hard as the job demands and put in the hours required to ensure your projects are a success.
Other strengths include:
- Knowledge of the principals, concepts, standards and best practices in the communications planning and related functions including stakeholder relations, issues management, media relations and government relations.
- Familiarity with the nature of issues and communication challenges within the Crown Corporation and/or corporate environment.
- Familiarity with the current legislative and regulatory environment, government structure and political relationships and practices.
- Strategic and business planning skills.
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you'll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.