Reports to: Head of Communications
Starting date: ASAP
Application closing date: June 15, 2018
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will support and enhance the School's marketing and communications program. In addition to acting as Webmaster, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will prepare and distribute email communications to the parent/alumni communities and other stakeholder groups. Strong writing and editing skills, and a keen eye for detail, are critical for this position.
This individual embodies the following core competencies: empathy, integrity, humility, respect, responsibility, and resilience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains the School’s website and ONE+ Campaign website content, keeping live, active, and up-to-date links, photos, videos, calendar updates, stories, events, and activities.
- Along with the Head of Communications, develops innovative digital and social media strategies including the use of trending communications tools (e.g. VR/AR), and executes on these strategies.
- Makes recommendations for online content, while ensuring consistent branding (e.g. across a variety of School social media feeds) and quality control.
- Proactively gathers, edits or creates photo and video material for School print and digital communications.
- Ensures photo/video coverage of key school events in order to generate web and social media content.
- Writes/edits & distributes weekly electronic newsletters to parents; formats and sends the monthly Alumni e-newsletter and other key School information as and when required.
- Works closely with multiple departments to collect and update images and content for web pages, social media sites and The Saint magazine.
- Tracks website traffic patterns to identify trends and opportunities. Maximize web presence (search engine optimization and traffic) Provides regular analytics on website traffic, e-news open rates, social media, etc., to the Director of Advancement.
- Understands other school databases and distribution lists to ensure timely online communications, including the delivery of e-News and e-blasts.
- Sets up online event registrations pages, provides reports and assistance as needed.
Qualifications will include:
- Undergraduate degree in Communications or English an asset.
- One to three years’ experience in related field.
- Proven ability to manage website layouts, programming and maintenance.
- Expertise with website design, programming and maintenance.
- Excellent written language skills and ability to generate compelling content for all communications vehicles.
- Exceptional working knowledge of social media channels and platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Experience working with and providing guidance to creative service vendors such as CMS/Web Designers, Graphic Designers, Photographers and Videographers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web publishing using CMS, with exposure/comfort in HTML.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Products.
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut or similar.
- Comfortable with digital photographic and video equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social networking tools and strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and deliver projects on time.
- Enjoys creative challenges.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality; must be assertive and able to network and interact with all key stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong team-player but also works well independently on an assigned task.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Karen Potter-Auger; email@example.com