Located between the Kitsilano and South Granville neighbourhoods of Vancouver, the Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) provides support and services for its 2800+ members and is the voice of physiotherapy in BC. Our purpose is to help our members maintain practice excellence and evidence-informed care through the programs and resources we provide. Physiotherapy has an outstanding story to tell as it strives to make a greater impact.
About the Position
Responsible for supporting the development and delivery of all external and internal communications activities that support and further PABC’s strategic objectives. PABC’s strategic communications priorities include raising public awareness of the value of physiotherapy, member engagement and strategic stakeholder engagement, coordination of the member magazine, sponsors and quality management of PABC events. Leveraging multiple media, communications and marketing channels, this role is key to the success of PABC’s overall strategic direction. This position reports to the PABC Director of Operations.
- Working closely with marketing and member services as well as all other PABC departments, coordinate the execution of a full range of PABC’s platforms including Directions magazine, website, social media, emails, newsletters and other mediums as appropriate.
- Support the building of relationships and collaborate with external stakeholders, with a goal of moving the strategic priorities of the association forward.
- Execute layout and graphic design as required.
- Support any redevelopment/additions of the PABC’s website and social media platforms including all components and tracking of metrics and statistics as appropriate.
- Ensure ongoing branding consistency.
- Support marketing and communications activities related to the annual PABC Forum and other external events.
- Help to coordinate all necessary materials for events including brochures, promotional materials, giveaways and awards.
- Represent the PABC brand positively at events by being knowledgeable, thorough and organized at all times.
- Ensure event production elements convey PABC’s key messages and vision clearly and appropriately.
- Support CEO, and other staff in implementing communications objectives.
- Build relationships and collaborate with external stakeholders, including (but not limited to) the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, other physiotherapy branches across the country, allied health NGOs, Doctors of BC and others with a goal of helping further the strategic priorities of the association.
- Support the execution of PABC’s communications special projects.
You are an accomplished communicator looking for your next great story. You have technical savvy to match your writing chops. You are a passionate brand ambassador with a reputation for driving results. You are flexible, dynamic, self-directed and thrive in a small multi-functional team environment. You are energized by the opportunity to increase the impact of physiotherapy’s mission. As a life-long learner, you are ever curious and abreast of cutting-edge best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a similar role.
- A certificate/diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including editing, writing, publishing experience.
- Proven experience effectively supporting a wide variety of communications channels including but not limited to: newsletters, magazines, social media, issues updates, speeches and briefing notes.
- Detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong background in CMS platforms. HTML and CSS skills are an asset.
- Experience with Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and virtual meeting platforms.
- Advanced MS Office skills (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Intermediate skills with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
- Demonstrated success leveraging and analyzing social media communications channels (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Google+, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
- Photography and videography skills are an asset.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Experience working with the medical profession is an asset.
- Some experience generating sales; managing print/online advertising sales; managing event sponsorship and exhibitor sales is an asset.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a small multi-functional team environment and be self-motivated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity with a generous benefits package, please submit your application (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com using the subject line: Communications Coordinator Application.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the posting will remain open until filled.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only – no fax, mail or phone calls, please. Only applicants who are considered for an interview will be contacted.