The Communications Coordinator helps our customers enjoy safe, happy driving experiences by sharing our expertise and passion for tires, wheels and vehicle maintenance. As you help customers learn more about our offerings, resources, customer care and community impact through social media, you play a critical role as an ambassador of Kal Tire.
As a key member of our communications team, you are someone who thrives in an agile environment, is results-driven and enjoys challenges as much as you enjoy building relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Share our story and unique offerings by overseeing all of Kal Tire’s social media platforms. This includes creating content (planning a three-month calendar, writing copy, sourcing imagery and publishing posts) and monitoring and responding to customer engagement through social channels.
- Grow and support a community of loyal Kal Tire customers who engage with our resources and our stories about community-building; monitor our online reputation.
- Research and recommend ways to make the most of our social media efforts by staying abreast of trends, technology, strategies, algorithm changes, etc.
- Understand key metrics for estimated impact and proactively present reports about social media initiatives using our measurement platform.
- Collaborate with our internal stakeholders to publish timely content about promotions and initiatives.
- Support our Customer Relations team with social media training and information sharing to ensure customer issues are promptly resolved.
- Identify new opportunities and foster meaningful and lasting relationships with key influencers and support key influencer campaigns.
- Liaise with contractors and agencies that support our work.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- You understand and care about our customer’s needs, our unique approach and solving problems and inspiring action
- You are an effective communicator who is confident and consistent as the voice of Kal Tire, always representing our brand’s values
- You are highly motivated to reach targets
- You excel in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that often calls for multi-tasking and performing under pressure; you have a track record for punctuality and reliability
- You are passionate about online community building and you’re always reading up on trends and emerging technologies so we can adopt best practices
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Min 1+ year experience managing social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and others)
- Min 3 years’ experience in communications/ public relations, supporting internal and external audiences, agencies and the media
- Experience developing and publishing website content and blog articles
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, news media or business
WHAT YOU KNOW & CAN DO
- Excellent working knowledge of social media management platforms and channels
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Basic knowledge of web analytics, RSS and XML sitemaps, the App marketplace and mobile web
- Willingness to travel
- Overtime as required to support campaigns and special events.
This position is based out of our Vernon office.
A CAREER WITH KAL TIRE
Kal Tire is one of the world’s largest independent tire dealers in Canada. We help drivers get safely on their way with 250+ retail and commercial stores from British Columbia to Ontario, and support operations with warehouses across Canada as well as 10 retread manufacturing plants. Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, serving more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Around the world, we employ more than 6,500 team members.
Wherever we have a store, site or facility, we have teams that care just as much about helping customers get in the right tires as we do about driving positive change in our communities. We’re proud to support local charities and projects, and we promote tire recycling and retreading—creating a circular economy with the next generation of drivers in mind.
Our AIMS guide our business and our teams: We’re deeply committed to safety and ensuring that every team member returns home safely, and we’re an upbeat place where team members can advance their career in exciting ways.
Think we’re a fit? Apply now!