Internal Communications Specialist
Communications and Education
British Columbia Securities Commission
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive. Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
You will be part of the dynamic team of communicators who provide a wide variety of communications services to the Commission. Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for the internal communications activities of the BCSC. The successful candidate is a dynamic communicator who develops and executes internal communications strategies and tactics that align employees to corporate strategy by informing, influencing, motivating, and engaging them at all levels.
Key responsibilities include identifying, planning, and executing internal communications and engagement opportunities for BCSC staff, including maintaining a yearly communications calendar, developing and executing internal communications plans, projects and campaigns, contributing to the development and execution of senior management communications strategies, managing the administration and publishing requirements for the staff intranet. You will co-lead the development and production of key BCSC reports such as the annual BCSC Service Plan and the BCSC Annual Report.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism
- A minimum of five years of experience in internal communications or related field
- A team player and self-starter, who is motivated to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills, including writing for websites, blogs and newsletters
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work within tight deadlines while managing projects
- Experience with content management systems (SharePoint, WordPress), HTML, social media websites, web analytics, social ads and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- MS Office skills including PowerPoint, spreadsheet development & management, and database management
- Experience with Google Analytics, and executing Facebook and Google Ads
- Financial services industry experience or Canadian Securities Course completion considered an asset
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment and a competitive compensation package. The annual salary range for this position is between $51,000 - $77,000 depending on experience. The position may require some travel, and work outside of BCSC’s operating hours.
Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by July 30, 2021. Competition #21:136.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.