Pathways Alliance Communications Coordinator (Contract)
The Oil Sands Pathways to Net Zero Alliance is the unprecedented collaboration among Canada’s oil sands producers to address climate change. It’s one of the greatest challenges of our time and there is no single path to net zero for the oil sands. That is why we are exploring a variety of new approaches and innovative solutions to achieve a goal of net zero emissions from production by 2050.
The vision includes a variety of technologies and improvements such as process efficiencies, fuel switching, solvents, direct air capture and hydrogen. Our Pathways Alliance foundational project involves the design and construction of a world-leading carbon capture network in Alberta. The project will leverage Canada’s existing expertise in carbon capture technology. We’re also taking lessons from the United Kingdom, the United States, Norway and the Netherlands, which are also developing large carbon capture projects through a collaborative model with government.
It's a vital and ambitious undertaking and we’re building a communications team to support this critical work among the six member companies. We’re seeking an experienced Communications Coordinator for a six-month contract position with a possible extension.
- Managing the Pathways Alliance Speakers Bureau including:
- Identifying strategic speaking opportunities reaching key audiences for members of the Pathways Alliance
- Coordinating speaker selection among Pathways Alliance member companies and staff
- Preparing speakers and briefing material based on messaging as required
- Logistical management
- Management of photo library and coordination with photographers/videographers to create new content in partnership with member companies.
- Database Management for the Pathways Alliance Communications team, including stewardship and stakeholder lists
- Working with translation services to ensure communications material is available in both of Canada’s official languages – French and English
- Digital Media
- Support the social and digital media coordinator in developing and executing the communications strategy for the alliance’s digital platforms including:
- Enabling routine website updates
- Developing and posting social media material on platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Experience and Education
- Degree/diploma in public relations/communications/journalism or equivalent experience
- At least five years relevant experience in public relations
- Established project management expertise with excellent time-management skills
- Skilled writer with some familiarity with CP style
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively (online and in-person) as a part of a team.
- Ability to translate complex/technical information for a general audience.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress.
This is a contract position for a six-month term with the possibility of an extension. Although the Pathways Alliance is based in Calgary, the contract position is available to anyone eligible to work in Canada. Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages is considered an asset but not a requirement. The successful candidate will work remotely from their home community with regular hours based on Mountain Time. There is an expectation of travel as required, especially in managing the speaker’s bureau, with expenses covered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, April 4. We thank all interested parties; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.