Surrey, BC, CA Kelowna, BC, CA
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: February 22, 2023
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a suave communications expert who can elegantly craft communications strategies that support corporate objectives and elevate FortisBC’s profile and reputation with key audiences. Collaboration is critical to your success, and you’ll work closely with business units to identify communications opportunities while incorporating insights from internal and external partners. Your unique skillset and experience would be an excellent match for our Communications Insights Advisor position.
In this role, reporting to the Manager, External Communications, you’ll play a key part in supporting FortisBC’s brand and business objectives. You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communications briefs that provide insights for the external communications team to execute on.
In year 1, you will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of FortisBC’s brand and business objectives to craft strategic communications briefs that support corporate business objectives and departmental initiatives.
- Build working relationships with business partners across the organization and externally, and identify internal department communications needs, supporting any issues that may arise.
- Participate in all aspects of communications projects, from briefing meetings and unified solutions presentations through to project launch, and support other team members as they execute the briefs.
In year 2, you will:
- Act as a trusted communications advisor, anticipating business partners’ communications needs.
- Drive continued success and performance of communications campaigns and projects that strengthen FortisBC brand and perception by evaluating outcomes and performance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Provide experience-based, judgement-driven advice, support and coaching to leaders and employees that help business units and the organization as a whole achieve their communications objectives.
What it takes:
- A degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution, plus a minimum of four years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional strategic-thinking skills with a focus on utilizing information (i.e. research, existing materials, media/issues scans, business partner insights) to identify a communications opportunity and develop a robust communications brief.
- Proven interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with internal business partners and communications counterparts at various external organizations and stakeholder groups.
- Excellent collaboration skills to understand and identify communications opportunities and needs, plan tactics and recommendations for a unified solutions plan that aligns with strategy.
- Proven adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage a high volume of work, deadline pressures and last-minute changes.
- Effective leadership, decision making and communication skills.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.