We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
Come join the People and Culture team and build the future of our employee communications.
We’re looking for a strong communicator in this new role to deliver content that informs, engages and connects our distributed workforce of more than 400 nationally. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Communications, your priorities include partnering with all areas of the business to identify communication needs, establish effective processes, and ensure that communication flows up, down and across the organization. Externally, we work together with the Marketing team to deliver a compelling employer brand through our employees.
You are someone who has demonstrated experience in building and sustaining communication programs, tools and processes and thrive in a creative environment where you can pivot from storytelling and visual design to content strategy and planning employee events. Your teammates describe you as invaluable, trustworthy, and accountable. Your clients respect your responsiveness, keen listening skills, and effectiveness in designing solutions. You have shown flexibility and adaptability in embracing the hybrid workplace and the opportunities it brings for employee engagement, building community, and connecting the workforce.
The location of this role will be a hybrid work schedule and is located in Vancouver.
As a Senior Internal Communications Specialist, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Build and deliver on an internal communications strategy that shapes culture, drives engagement, manages change and delivers results.
- Develop proactive and intentional communications in a manner that builds transparency and trust with key audiences.
- Develop and maintain exceptional client relations with teams and leaders. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate employee communications content into overall company goals and messaging in a clear, timely and effective manner.
- Plan and deliver on the employee experience through events and promotion of employee programs.
- Write, edit, and produce communications for internal audiences including but not limited to presentations, scripts, briefing documents, intranet articles, and employee communications, messages, and emails.
- Review and edit communications drafted by internal stakeholders and make recommendations to ensure messaging is consistent with internal strategy and tone.
- Continually improve, measure, and evaluate effectiveness of our employee communications strategy and methods.
- Supports the build-out of the Internal Communications function by developing and implementing scalable best practices, processes and coaching on communication skills.
- You combine creativity with strong business acumen.
- You are an astute observer, listener, and questioner. You recognize when there is a story to be told or a question to be answered.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, you’re a builder at heart and are excited to grow and influence the internal communications function.
- You are an outstanding communicator with writing skills that engage and inform.
- You are confident communicating at all levels of the organization and your superior interpersonal skills make you an approachable, trusted advisor and collaboration partner.
- You know how to take advantage of the tools of the trade to develop compelling business cases and have the ability to influence and persuade.
As a Senior Internal Communications Specialist, your experience and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in internal/corporate/employee communications.
- Completion of a Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field or combination of education and experience.
- Certification with APR or IABC is considered an asset.
- Proven self-starter who seeks challenges and continual learning, as well as an ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Engaging storyteller with experience cascading messaging to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with creating, writing, and publishing visual and written content for multiple channels and approaches.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Skilled and intuitive in developing interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients, and C-suite executives.
- Ability to establish rapport and work with subject matter experts on the best way to share information with target audiences.
- Experience with developing, delivering, and maintaining content for internal communication channels including Intranets, Office 365 channels, and internal social media.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and measuring effective and impactful events for internal audiences, including presentations, Town Halls, webinars and live streams. Comfortable with moderating and facilitating using Zoom, Teams, and other virtual event platforms.
- Experience with content management systems, social media and email delivery systems.
- You are highly proficient with the MS0365 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and using Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and other tools to produce and edit content.
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this role, apply here.