Reporting to the Manager, Enrolment Marketing, this position provides integrated marketing communications strategy, planning, and execution for programs and courses in Continuing Studies. Communication Officers (COs) liaise with internal clients to understand their marketing goals and collaborate with our design and digital teams to bring a diverse range of projects to life, including comprehensive advertising campaigns, publications, media relations, events, collateral, web, and other digital projects. COs work with both internal and external audiences to achieve marketing communications goals while strengthening our brand and enhancing the institution's reputation.
- Successful completion of an advanced diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent. Additional specialized training in one or more areas: digital marketing, project management, copywriting/editing, etc. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years' of recent related experience as a marketing communications professional including strong strategy and planning, project management skills, client services, writing/editing, social media, media relations, special events coordination, advertising, and publication coordination skills within a computerized Apple Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in higher education marketing an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of market research, and government and community relations would be an asset.
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- successfully collaborate with clients, colleagues and suppliers to deliver high quality work.
- manage client expectations within a fast-paced work environment.
- maintain strong working relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills;
- manage multiple competing projects, effectively organizing and prioritizing workload;
- deliver high quality work on time and within project budgets,
- operate related equipment;
- work in complex and/or sensitive situations;
- initiate and control assigned projects;
- work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision;
- work as a team member;
- use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others;
- Demonstrated ability to manage events;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proficient in Google analytics, Google AdWords, HootSuite, web content management systems, email marketing platforms, project management tools, and media databases.
- Proficiency in CRM systems an asset.
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 5:15pm Monday to Friday.