School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is seeking applications for the position of Manager of Communications. The Cariboo-Chilcotin School District is located in the central interior of British Columbia and services two large communities / commercial areas (100 Mile House and Williams Lake) as well as many outlying communities throughout the region. The School District provides education to approximately 4600 students in 22 schools in a diverse geographical area about the same size as the Province of New Brunswick. This position will be based out of the District’s central office in Williams Lake.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools you will work within the District’s vision and goals to plan and implement communication strategies that support and enhance student learning. Specific specialization will include communication, planning and facilitation of School District Career Programs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to Truth and Reconciliation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
- Strong critical thinking skills to determine ideal communications initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to produce and disseminate information to a diverse audience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain active social media campaigns
- Experienced in handling media inquiries and writing press releases
- Knowledgeable in multi-media communication tools
- Website maintenance and development
- Social Media
- Availability and flexibility to respond in a timely manner to inquiries or events (including those occurring outside of regular business hours)
- Valid Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary including a comprehensive benefits package. To explore this career opportunity, please submit a letter of application and detailed resume by 1:00 pm Friday, May 20, 2022 to:
Taryn Aumond, Manager of Human Resources
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://bit.ly/3KD6mja.
The District appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.