This position is primarily for a writer extraordinaire who will thrive in this content creation and editing position. You will support internal and external communications efforts by providing communications expertise with a strong focus on writing, editing and content development.
- You love to write, and have superior English grammar and writing skills;
- You have at least 3 years of demonstrated writing and communications experience in a work environment – non-profit preferred;
- You love story gathering and story telling, and how to take content and reshape it for different platforms including blogs, news releases, social media, people profiles, websites, annual reports, newsletters, etc;
- You pay attention to detail. You have an eagle eye and an infallible drive to get things right, always, when it comes to grammar, spelling, proofreading, fact checking and reviewing your work, or editing content submitted by others.
- You know how to put together and implement a tactical communication plan;
- You can handle deadline pressure -- in fact, you are on ready to deliver.
- We are a small but high-performing Marketing and Communications Team in a non-profit organization focused on settlement services for newcomers to Canada;
- Teamwork is key and we all chip in to help out with all things MarCom;
- We always make time to celebrate moments in our lives, and enjoy successes;
- We are supportive and care about each other.
MOSAIC (www.mosaicbc.org) is a non-profit settlement organization helping immigrants and refugees settle. We are a certified living wage employer. Salary range for this position is $30.35 - $30.75 per hour. Benefits include approx. 3 weeks paid vacation + 1 week December holiday closure + 3 wellness days + paid stats; sick leave + health benefits; RRSP plan; and more. But the best benefit is a great team, team culture, team leadership, and knowing we have each other’s back.
Before you apply:
Get the full Job Description here: JF2_Communications Officer .pdf - Google Drive
Make sure you are eligible to work in Canada, and meet the job requirements – candidates will be tested to demonstrate skillset.
We are reviewing and interviewing as applications come in. So, if this is for you, let’s see your creative cover letter and resume that meets the job description. Send a cover letter and resume to Ailed Duarte, Digital Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Your Name – Communications Officer. Position will be closed with a successful hire.