Build a career with one of BC’s Top Employers!
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
What makes BC Housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We’re seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits!
Job ID: 2715
Short Term - Full Time
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Working within BC Housing’s Corporate Communications team, the Communications Specialist is responsible for a wide range of communications activities, with a primary emphasis on the production of internal and external communications materials.
- College diploma or degree in communications
- Three years experience in communications, preferably with some experience in the public sector
- Experience in planning, coordinating, organizing and managing the production of communications collateral and events with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Experience with web-based applications and digital engagement tools
- Experience with current social media tools, technologies and applications
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability as a strong writer and editor
- Knowledge of strategic communication planning
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate difficult situations
- Ability to work with senior government staff, agencies and contractors
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at any given time
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Knowledge of web-based applications, including content management systems
- Strong social media skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
- E-Recruit FAQ’s
Follow us on Twitter @https://twitter.com/BC_Housing to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers. This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.