As a recognized leader in emergency communications, E-Comm is an organization that provides first responders and the public with critical life-safety services in communities across British Columbia. Our people are passionate about their work and public safety, and we are looking for someone to join our team who shares that same spirit of collaboration and wants to contribute to our vision of safer communities in British Columbia through excellence in public safety communication.
Are you passionate about cultivating corporate culture through innovative internal communications practices? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment, ready to tackle the next challenge that comes your way? Are you comfortable working autonomously but love being part of a supportive team? We are growing our team and are seeking an enthusiastic Internal Communications Specialist to join us – if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Working as part of our Communications & Public Affairs team, you will be responsible for developing and executing our internal communications strategy with an employee engagement-focused approach. You will play a significant role in guiding and delivering effective and engaging internal communications and change management communication strategies.
Key to this role is the ability to identify compelling and relevant E-Comm stories and provide guidance on the best way to share them with our internal stakeholders. You will think strategically to develop and leverage communications tools and platforms to increase employee engagement, including partnering closely with our HR team on communications related to HR-driven activities.
Your advanced writing and creative design skills will help ensure key company messages reach and resonate with target audiences. Your ability to plan and organize a variety of internal corporate events and activities, such as 9-1-1 Week, will also be put to good use.
Who are we?
- We are a fun, dynamic team and consider ourselves “public safety diehards”— it is meaningful work and we take pride in that.
- Our team takes its work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously (unless we’re talking about our team outings to the local pitch and putt).
- Spending time and laughing together as a team is extremely important to us. We brainstorm, we challenge and we learn from each other.
- This is a fast-paced environment with many demands, but we are comforted knowing that we have each others’ backs and will face all challenges as a team.
- The ability to have an appropriate meme at the ready for any situation is a must.
What you’ll need:
- Results driven mindset with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst delivering on multiple, concurrent initiatives
- A creative flair for writing with the ability to pitch and run with new ideas
- Demonstrated experience in internal communications, understanding how effective internal programs influence employee engagement
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in leading, executing and making recommendations
- Previous experience working in an internal communications role
- Completion of a degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
What we offer:
- Meaningful work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary - with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off - eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Employee Savings Plan - employer matched contributions to a savings account.
- Pension - we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development - we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm
As a condition of employment at E-Comm, the required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained. This is a process carried out by our law enforcement partner agencies, facilitated by E-Comm.
The minimum residency in Canada to qualify for this position, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies, is roughly 3 to 5 years.
To qualify for this process, a candidate may be either a Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen. We regret any candidates under Student, Visitor, or Work Visas are not eligible for consideration.
Note: After hours and on-call monitoring of social media accounts is required on a rotational basis.
To apply, please visit our Career Page.