About the position
ITA has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with a passion for communications and marketing!
The Communications Specialist supports our organization with a broad range of communications functions. The Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications strategies to effectively engage internal and external audiences through various media.
This is a temporary, full time contract (Maternity Leave) for approximately 15 months.
The position has no direct reports and will report to the Director, Communications.
Join ITA and be part of a highly engaged organization that is named one of BC’s Top Employers and certified Great Place to Work!
Submit your cover letter and resume by email before the closing date listed on our careers page to HumanResources@itabc.ca.
- Marketing Communications
o Creates and edits a broad range of communications including news releases, briefing notes, social media postings and announcements
o Manages development of quarterly e-newsletter, Trades Talk
o Leads and designs collateral development for various internal stakeholders either in-house or with a 3rd party supplier
o Manages external presentations and creates speaking notes for ITA spokespeople
o Develops internal communications including intranet strategy and content
o Coordinates and schedules media outreach directly and with external agencies and ITA spokespeople and prepares documents required
o Develops and manages email campaigns
o Provides sound marketing communications advice to internal stakeholders to ensure brand
o Collaborates with external partners on communication and marketing efforts image, tone and value
o Monitors media coverage, plans internal media training sessions and provides communications skills training for ITA staff
o Monitors and responds to external inquiries
o Maintains ITA’s brand guidelines
o Support other duties within the Communications team as necessary
- A post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- 5 years experience in Communications or PR, or equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills and previous experience in digital communications writing and social media is required
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to commit to high standards of customer service with a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable to work in a highly sensitive environment while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience in government relations or public sector is preferred
- Experience working with Adobe, Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset