SCHOOL OF BUSINESS – APPLIED COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT INSTRUCTOR
Competition Number 19-21
The Applied Communications Department within the School of Business requires non-regular type 1 (contract) faculty to potentially teach introductory to upper-level applied business communication (CMNS) courses starting May 1, 2019.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or equivalent related field
- At least 3 years of directly related work experience
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level in a small class, student-centered environment
- Completed the BC Provincial Instructors’ Diploma (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of current academic and/or industry trends, including business communication technology
- Proven experience in successful community engagement, with both internal and external stakeholders
For further information on the School of Business, please visit: KPU School of Business.
The School of Business is accredited with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP): ACBSP
School of Business Vision
Develop exceptional individuals who will shape the way organizations and businesses operate and are led.
School of Business Mission
To Engage and Inspire Students of diverse backgrounds, ages and aspirations.
To deliver Industry Desired skills and knowledge based education through Innovative Experiential Learning.
To Foster Collaboration across all of our stakeholder groups that drives change and new practices.
Please forward your resume, including photocopies of post-secondary transcripts, quoting competition number 19-21 by March 1, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.