The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through greenfield and infill development, innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
This is communications and public relations work performed in support of the Coquitlam RCMP Detachment. An incumbent assists a superior in advising program managers and staff on communications matters; develops and executes selected communications plans and assists in the development of the annual communications strategy; develops various communications materials, and reviews website content for compliance with established standards; and liaises with a variety of external contacts. Considerable independent judgment and initiative are exercised in the work while unusual problems are discussed with a superior who reviews performance for quality of work products and effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of communications work.
- Considerable knowledge of the informational requirements of the organization and communities served.
- Considerable knowledge of the programs, purposes and objectives of the RCMP detachment.
- Ability to assist in the development of communications plans and strategies and to prepare assigned plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, to prepare a variety of communications materials, and to provide advice and guidance to staff on a variety of communications matters.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Skill in the use of software applications and social media tools used in the work.
- University graduation in communications or a related discipline plus considerable related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful incumbent may be required to work some evenings and/or weekends to provide communications support at special events and/or for critical and/or time sensitive situations involving the civilian police services communications team.
The CUPE hourly rate of pay is $34.29-$40.48.
If you are hard-working, have customer service focus and work well independently, please apply online by 5 p.m. November 6, 2018 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.