The University of British Columbia’s Information Technology Department (UBC IT) is looking for a dynamic and professional Content Strategist to join its award-winning Communications team. You’ll provide marketing and communications advice to clients within UBC IT, with a specialization in cybersecurity communications. Working with the Communications and the Cybersecurity teams, you’ll build a portfolio of work that showcases your expertise in developing digital campaigns, outreach and engagement initiatives, and effective communications and marketing planning at campus-wide level.
Who we’re looking for
As part of a high performance and visible communications team, you’re a problem-solver who thrives in working on a variety of projects and clients. Driven by curiosity, you’re proactive in taking initiatives and able to work independently and collaboratively with others on the team. An experienced communicator, you excel in translating ideas and concepts into words, visuals, and images and have an understanding of the digital ecosystem and its audiences.
- Manages internal and external communications projects, determines project timelines and budgets, and develops contingency plans to keep projects on track.
- Actively seeks out partnerships and develops relationships with other campus units to identify and leverage opportunities for collaboration.
- Develops an editorial content calendar, and continually plans for short and long term content utilizing internal and external channels including print publications, web, in-person, social, digital signage, and video.
- Manage of outreach campaigns and events on all campuses to promote privacy and information security awareness to staff and faculty, including Town Halls, information sessions, training sessions, and special events.
- Analyzes content performance by reviewing metrics, insights and implementing best practices for action.
- Coordinates non-digital communications projects such as the design and purchase of promotional items, the production and distribution of banners and posters, and the creation of resource materials to support in-person communications activities.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum of five years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in strategic communications planning, and content production across multiple channels (print, web, social, video).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a project based environment and handle multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Experienced in execution of brand, design, and marketing tactics using standard industry software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and the use of Microsoft Office suite for operational communications.
- Demonstrated digital competencies in the areas of content development, measurement, online community engagement, SEO, and technical prowess.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills. Effective and confident in facilitating meetings and delivering presentations.
- Membership and/or volunteer experience with IABC, CPRS, and/or BCAMA preferred.
Who we are
It’s an exciting time to join UBC’s Information Technology department. With a workforce of more than 400 information technology experts in operational areas, teaching and learning, and emerging areas such as data governance, enterprise architecture, and cybersecurity, we are a critical enabler of UBC’s strategy and innovation. Consistently ranked as one of BC’s top employers, UBC is a world-class institution that embraces innovation and encourages students, staff, and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery, and explore new ways of learning. Our total compensation package includes a competitive market value salary, comprehensive benefits and pension package, professional development opportunities, and access to award-winning campus attractions.
To view the complete job description and for details on how to apply, please visit http://www.staffcareers.ubc.ca/31937 (Job ID #31937). Applications will be accepted until Friday, Dec. 7, 2018.