*Note – this is currently a temporary 12 month role
The Corporate Communications Advisor works closely with the Manager, Executive Communications in strategically developing, implementing and assessing external and internal communications programs and activities. Some key activities associated with this position include strategic planning and implementation of employee and member communications regarding critical and often organization-wide changes, and developing communication materials for Coast Capital Savings’ executive and Board of Directors (including speech writing, reports, and key internal communications). Ability to work as a member of a team in larger projects and independently with minimal supervision is vital.
- Provide support in developing communication strategies and prepare confidential materials for management, executives and Board of Directors that require strict confidentiality.
- Researches, develops and implements strategies to communicate corporate initiatives to internal and external audiences, including briefing material for management.
- Act as project manager in developing and executing communication strategies, tactics and activities. Manage multi-faceted projects, including monitoring costs and budgets; timelines; resources; and measuring outcomes.
- Work closely with the Manager, Executive Communications to manage and provide communications counsel on organization-wide initiatives and projects.
- Lead communications sub-committees where needed; develop, implement and assess all communication material in relation to meeting stakeholder needs. Delegate tasks to team members when needed and follow up as required.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by working efficiently, professionally, and in a friendly manner, and establishing and maintaining a harmonious working relationship with all colleagues.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of external consultants or agencies in the production and/or delivery of communications materials.
Minimum Job-Related Experience
- Minimum 7 – 9 Years of Job Related Experience.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic communications, project management and planning, and production management for a variety of print materials.
- Superior communication, listening, writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as a member of a team. Problem solver with good analytical skills.
- Ability to work with professionals from a variety of business areas and levels (including C level executives).
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience in communications will be considered.
Minimum Technical Skills
- Must have working level technical knowledge and/or skills as follows: understanding of web technology, communication theory and tools, design, print production, special event planning, and email.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry an asset.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to liaise with subject matter experts to distill key messages and deliver superior communications collateral/products.
Minimum Non-Technical Skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and as a member of a team.
- Sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and ability to identify and develop solutions to problems.
- Tactful and service-oriented.
- Ability to hold sensitive company, customer and staff information confidential.
- Able to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Creative and innovative thinker.