Date Posted: June 28, 2018
Position Title: Coordinator, Digital Communications
Location: Joyce YMCA, Vancouver BC
Terms: Permanent Full-Time: 35 hours/week
Salary: $45,000 – 50,000 per year, plus benefits
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
- Are you an energetic marketing and communications professional who wants to build a healthier community?
- Are you passionate about digital communications and its ability to engage people in life-enhancing programs?
- Are you a self-starter that is driven to successfully execute digital marketing and communications strategies?
- Do you love to write engaging content for the web to raise awareness and increase knowledge?
The YMCA is dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community by helping children and families thrive, promoting healthy living and fostering belonging and connection. As the Lower Mainland's largest operational charity, we are a team of 4,000 staff and volunteers providing vital community services that are having a positive impact on some of the community's most pressing social issues. Central to our success are:
- The people who unite behind our mission to help people reach their potential
- The safe and welcoming places we provide—from health and fitness facilities to child care centres and camps—that foster a sense of community
- The comprehensive community programs that provide the skills, opportunities and confidence people need to achieve their potential
These people, places, and programs come together to create a sense of belonging and a supportive network that have proven time and again to help people achieve their personal goals. For some the impact can be truly transformational and can have an enormous ripple effect on those around them.
We’ve been a part of the Lower Mainland for more than 130 years––a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to reach their potential. Serving 120,000 people annually, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver provides programs and services in health and fitness, aquatics, child care, camp, employment, education and training, child and family development, immigrant services, global initiatives, youth leadership development and health management. In all things, we align our activities with our values:
- Do the right thing - We are caring, respectful, honest and responsible in all we do
- Put people first - We believe in the strengths, perspectives and passion of people
- Keep our promises -We do what we say we will do
- Lead by example -We are courageous, speak with conviction, listen attentively and collaborate
Nature & Scope:
The Digital Communications Coordinator is an energetic, innovative individual who is passionate about building relationships with people across the Lower Mainland through online communication on behalf of the YMCA. As part of the centralized marketing and communications team, this role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. The successful candidate will work with the marketing and communications team as well as other internal stakeholders to execute the association’s marketing and communications strategy, with a particular focus on digital activities and engagement through website, social media and e-newsletter management. This position will appeal to those who enjoy working in a dynamic environment and who value teamwork in producing the best products.
- This individual supports the daily operations and maintenance of the YMCAs online and digital environments (web, e-marketing, e-commerce, social media, etc.) by:
- Coordinating content for the Association across multiple channels through regular management of the content calendar
- Sourcing content, copywriting, editing, proofing, construction of content on digital platforms and distributing to various audiences
- Ensuring content on all digital platforms is up to date and accurate
- Responding and fulfilling internal web ticket requests
- Identifying, troubleshooting, responding to and creating solutions for digital problems and breakdowns
- Ensuring the YMCA is compliant with Canada Anti-Spam Legislation
- Ensuring that YMCA stakeholders can access the information they need online to reach their life goals (program information, schedules, contact info, etc.)
- In addition to managing and posting social media content, this individual monitors posts by various internal teams, responds to comments by followers, ensures best practices are followed and upholds and promotes the organization’s social media policy and guidelines.
- This individual is required to be a digital expert and have industry knowledge of digital best practices, trends, technology and tools.
- While this role has no direct reports, the individual is required to lead fellow YMCA staff through influence as they will be relied upon to share knowledge, develop, support and coach others on how to successfully reach their objectives through digital marketing and communications strategies.
- A strong writer, this individual copy writes, edits and proofreads written material across all of the YMCA’s digital platforms: web, email, blog, social media, etc.
- Participates in marketing and communications strategy planning sessions, develops plans and ensures execution of strategies based on marketing and communications best practices.
- Develops marketing and communications standards and approaches for digital strategies, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provides brand leadership to ensure brand behaviour, graphic standards and messaging are used consistently across all branches and programs to build the YMCA brand.
- University degree in related field
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Experience in working with print, electronic and web-based media
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- High attention to detail
- Versatile interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet and Office 365
- Design skills and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite also an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Evolve in Professional Capability – Commit to being better
- Achieve Excellence and Authenticity – Show up with the best version of you
- Develop the Potential in Others – Help people grow and lead
- Create a Culture of Connection – Build bridges between people and partners
- Think and Act Strategically – Make good decisions and act on them
- Make an Intentional Impact – Advance the strength and cause of the Y
Internal Applicants: Please inform your supervisor prior to application. Apply by clicking here.
External Applicants: Please apply by clicking here.
Application Deadline: 6:00pm on July 15, 2018