COVID-19 at Coast
Coast Capital Savings is committed to the health and safety of our employees, member, and communities. With this commitment in mind, Coast Capital complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and making COVID vaccination a pre-condition to employment with Coast Capital. All successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19, before any contract of employment becomes final and binding, and before your start date can be set.
Exceptions may apply where vaccination is not possible for medical or religious reasons that are protected under Canadian human rights laws. Should successful applicants require a medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination please discuss whether an exception may apply with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.
About Coast Capital
At Coast Capital, we’re not dreaming about a better future, we’re building one.
As a member-owned cooperative, we’re helping our members with their real goals and real challenges so they can live the real life they want. It’s what we’ve been doing for over 80 years, and it’s why today we stand almost 600,000 members strong. Plus, we invest 10% of our budgeted profits back into our community – almost $90 million since 2000 alone – because when our members do well, we believe our communities should do well too.
What’s the job?
The Corporate Communications Advisor provides strategic communications counsel and support for corporate, Board and member-facing initiatives. This includes developing plans, coordinating production, creating content, and implementing & monitoring communications tactics to support the Board of Directors member engagement activities; corporate reporting and a variety of member communication initiatives focused on helping the organization grow responsibly and making membership meaningful.
This role reports into our Director, Corporate and Member Communications and works closely with stakeholders across the business.
What you’ll get to do:
- Consult with the internal business partners to determine communication needs to deliver corporate results, Board engagement activities and member-facing initiatives; advising business partners regarding message tone, format, timing, vehicle, to ensure the best and most effective approach for communication.
- Support the Member Communications Initiatives Manager in the development and execution of communication plans, key messages and tactics for member communications, ensuring the communication plans support and advance business initiatives. This includes the development of employee communications to inform and equip employees in the successful delivery of member communications.
- Lead the project management and production of the Annual Report and Public Accountability Statement
- Working in partnership with the Assistant Corporate Secretary, prepares communications content, including employee and members communications, speaking notes, PPT and event logistics to support the Annual General Meeting and Board of Directors Nomination and Election processes
- Partner with the Social Purpose Office and the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion council to embed “real impact” in our business through supporting external communications initiatives.
- Track and reports on communication activities and results to identify key areas of opportunity or challenges.
- Continue to build knowledge of the industry and communications discipline to ensure continual improvement, efficiency and effectiveness of communications.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of job related experience in Communications
- Demonstrated experience in external and internal communications, including experience in project management and planning, and production management for a variety of communications materials.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and tools of communications and communications planning
- Knowledge of corporate and department business strategies, services and goals relating to communications
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to interview / liaise with subject matter experts to translate complex information into relevant and understandable communications for multiple audiences
- Strong communications, listening, writing and presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of financial services and the credit union system is an asset
- Proven experience delivering strategic communication plans for external audiences
- Storytelling, including ability to source and curate stories that resonate with a variety of audiences to drive business outcomes
- Ability to translate data into insights and communicate effectively to influence stakeholders
- Project management with the ability to progress multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced and complex environment
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
- Purpose is our North Star. We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities.
- Committed to inclusion and engagement. We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we’re doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive.
- A career that grows with you. We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership.
- Work where you’re most effective. In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role.
- Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family. We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle.
- Retirement options. We also take care of our employees once they retire. That’s why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP’s.
- Mortgage and auto financing benefits. Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits.
- Real Recognition. We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We’re human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year.
- An award winning culture. We’re a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards.
- We reinvest 10% back into the community. When we do well, our communities do well. That’s why since 2000 we’ve invested over $90 million into our member’s communities.
- Double your impact. Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.
D&I at Coast
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.