Working in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies, reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, this position is responsible to provide both leadership and support in the effective development, implementation and evaluation of initiatives to enable timely communications to support the business objectives of FortisBC and advance the organization’s corporate reputation and brand.
Provide leadership and support in the effective development, implementation and evaluation of external communication initiatives to support the needs of business units within the organization.
Deliver strategic communications counsel to business units and advise them on effective communications strategy with particular emphasis on media – both earned and owned.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships; collaborate with others in the effective development and execution of communication plans and strategies.
Represent FortisBC in the execution of media relations strategies; act as media spokesperson for key project initiatives and respond to media enquiries about specific products and programs.
Research, write, edit and oversee the production of various communication materials including information materials, key messaging, web content, media releases, social media and communication plans.
Requirements: Education and Experience
Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent from a recognized program plus 2 or 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Requirements: Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic and proactive communications and social marketing initiatives to help enhance reputation, strengthen brand identity and build public support
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including expert writing, interpersonal, diplomacy, and presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage inquiries from the media, public and key stakeholders in an educated and professional manner
- Collaborative team player. Able to work with others, take accountability for tasks and support other team members as needed.
- Knowledge of BC Utility regulatory environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and effectively position a company’s products, services values and point of view with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and manage deadlines under pressure, ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality results under tight timelines
- Strong initiative, judgment, organizational skills and creative abilities
- Advanced computer software skills in MS Office Suite.