If you’re a creative storyteller who’s passionate about engaging with diverse audiences across the province, we want to hear from you!
Salary $54,000.00 - $75,400.00 annually
A similar position, BAND1 Videographer, is also available. If you are interested, please review and apply through REQ58690.
The Public Service Engagement and Corporate Initiatives branch (PSECI) leads and coordinates corporate internal communications and employee engagement, including writing and editorial services, graphic design, digital communications, recognition and events, and multimedia production.
Within PSECI, the multimedia specialist produces creative and engaging multimedia projects that showcase the breadth and diversity of work going on in the BC Public Service and instil pride in our employees. The team produces high quality video, audio, photography and live streaming events for internal audiences and clients and is committed to innovation and keeping up with modern workplace trends to keep the stories compelling and creative.
Reporting to the Manager, the multimedia specialist supports the planning and delivery of content in a variety of video and multimedia formats. Working with a team of like-minded creative storytellers, the multimedia specialist creates engaging and entertaining visuals for programs and individual projects with a strong focus on the @Work corporate intranet and Premier’s Awards program. The multimedia specialist also provides support and technical solutions for live events. With a keen eye for detail, strong teamwork and excellent technical knowledge, the ideal candidate will have the vision to innovate and lead visual communications within the BC Public Service.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma or higher in communications or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in editing video communications. Preference may be given to applicants with three or more years’ experience.
- A minimum one year of professional experience in communications. Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years’ experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with professional photography experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with live broadcast experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience with video production.
For more information and to apply by April 7, 2019, please go to: