- Monitors and responds to general customer inquiries (such as BC Hydro’s operations, campaigns and initiatives and customer accounts) in a timely manner through BC Hydro’s social media channels by: gathering information from various sources, assessing sensitivity and confidentiality of inquiries to determine best channel to use to respond to customers and escalating to management/SMEs if required; writing responses to align with corporate brand tone/guidelines and social media style; sending responses for sensitive inquiries to SMEs for review if required; posting responses to customers on appropriate channel.
- Develops educational and engaging digital content to address gaps in existing social media content, to respond to customer inquiries and to support campaigns and initiatives on BC Hydro’s social media and owned channels for management/internal client review and approval. Writes articles for BC Hydro e-newsletters (such as Connected) and produces communications collateral (such as videos) on topics of interest or priorities of the company. Drafts up concept for images and infographics for review and works with internal clients, Digital Communications team or external contractor on design production.
- Oversees external contractors and budget program by performing such duties as: assigning work to external contractors; monitoring progress, reviewing completed work for accuracy and compliance to brand guidelines and resolving errors in work; identifying, investigating and rectifying invoicing errors with external contractors; and confirming accuracy of contractor invoices prior to management approval.
- Plans and coordinates social media content postings by: reviewing requests from internal clients to determine if social media channels are appropriate for sharing content on campaigns and initiatives; scheduling and maintaining social media postings schedule; providing advice and guidance to internal clients on how to maximize the use of social media channels; and uploading content postings to social media channels.
- Prepares campaign wrap up reports on social media performance metrics (such as number of followers, tweets incoming and outcoming and performance of postings) and highlighting trends to internal clients. Prepares various adhoc reports for management.
- Provides power outage and emergency event communication support on social media channels by performing such duties as: sourcing power outage updates from various internal applications, attending conference calls and requesting updates from Restoration Centre to keep up to date on restoration process; posting power outage area maps and estimated restoration times; and responding to customer inquiries regarding power outages on estimated restoration times.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Knowledge of social media channels and best practices.
- Knowledge of BC Hydro organization structure, functions and information sources.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare creative briefs and communication plans.
- Knowledge of corporate applications and systems (such as PowerOn Remote, ORS, ACE, GENIUS and PassPort).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of social media platforms (such as Hootsuite).
- Analytical and researching skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Diploma in Communications or Marketing; or Degree in Communications with relevant experience.
*Two (2) years of experience in a customer-service oriented role on social media channels or relevant customer experience and equivalent experience using social media channels.
*Requires in-house training on BC Hydro's corporate writing guidelines; or must enroll within three (3) months of starting in the job.
*Courses in business writing, content production, digital content and storytelling and social media platform (such as HootSuite) considered an asset.