Provides leadership in the communications, branding, marketing, advertising, and activities of the Vice-President Finance and Administration (VPFA) portfolio. Leads the development of appropriate strategies and implements integrated initiatives in close collaboration with the VPFA and senior leaders within the VPFA office. Sets the direction for projects across the unit to advance VPFA goals and objectives in support of the larger university mission. Develops and leads the overarching Communications & Marketing, (C&M) strategy for the VPFA portfolio and specific C&M strategies for all departments within the VPFA portfolio. Accountable for leading a creative, integrated and multi-channel department/team and for making C&M decisions about major projects and university-wide strategic initiatives. Functions as an institutional senior operational advisor on behalf of the VPFA portfolio, including providing project management and internal communications support for VPFA staff.
- Master's degree in Communications and/or Marketing and six years of related experience which includes experience leading teams and managing complex projects, budget management or an equivalent level of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in client service management and trusted advisor principles.
- Excellent knowledge in creating C&M strategies/plans that support organizational goals and objectives.
- In depth understanding of marketing, communication, branding, and communication theory and practice.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Excellent interpersonal, team leadership, collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent project management and financial administration skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, exercising mature judgment and a high level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to establish, evaluate, and execute short- and long-range goals and objectives.
- Ability to work on a variety of initiatives, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of current communication and marketing applications, systems, and tools.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.