Please apply to SFU Career Center website: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=4116
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range:$87,505 to $104,493 annually
SFU Department Description: Communications & Marketing
# of openings:1
The Director, Internal Communications provides leadership in communications and marketing for major projects and initiatives with a focus on informing and engaging University staff. Serving all three campuses, the Director develops and implements strategic communications plans, policies, guidelines and platforms for effective, timely, informative and meaningful communication and engagement. The Director jointly works as part of the University Communications leadership team and as a key advisor to the departments within the Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion Office portfolio.
Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing and seven years of related experience developing strategic communications for a large, complex organization leading teams and managing projects, or an equivalent level of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic communications, brand and marketing theory and practice.
- Excellent knowledge of client service management and trusted advisor principles.
- Excellent knowledge of employee engagement and organizational development best practices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and maintain rapport with stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and team building skills.
- Excellent strategic planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritizes multiple and concurrent projects effectively.
- Ability to exercise initiative, discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to establish goals and plans to achieve strategic targets.
- Proficient in use of standard office applications, communications applications, systems and tools (e.g., MS Office, Asana, Slack).
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.