Do you love getting into the details? Would people describe you as highly meticulous with a passion for producing high quality documents and engagement materials? Our fast-paced Kamloops office is looking for a document and content editor to join our team. Currently our team of graphic designers and project coordinators work with our engineering, environmental and community planning practices to support delivering projects to the communities we serve. We are looking to expand this team by adding an enthusiastic, skilled document and content editor to work collaboratively to produce well written, designed and accurate documents and other project materials. Depending on the candidate, your contribution could grow to include more content writing for reports and proposals. Typical responsibilities may include:
• Quality control function including reading content and correcting for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Re-writing written material, as needed, to make it easier for people to understand and work with technical writers to help their documents succeed.
• Planning documents in accordance with Urban’s brand and/or client branding guidelines including allocating space for text, photos, and illustrations that help convey the document’s meaning.
• Proactively support proposal and report production by independently sourcing and assembling required information such as project examples, client references, resumes, images, logos, maps and other supporting collateral.
• Supporting the funding application process by collecting reference and background materials, drafting applications and working with an interdisciplinary team to finalize and meet submission deadlines and generating a tracking system.
• Building collaborative relationships with project teams and support project delivery as needed
The ideal candidate for this role has relevant post secondary education and has minimum of 2 years of related experience working in an office environment. Candidates that have previous experience working in a consulting firm, in a writing and content editing capacity, will be given preference. In addition, applicants should possess the following skills, strengths and interests:
• Excellent written and verbal command of the English language and grammar
• A super-user of Microsoft Word as well as proficient in MS Office programs
• Meticulous attention to detail with written reports and other engagement materials such as presentations and poster boards
• Thrive under pressure in a deadline driven environment while maintaining high standards
• Excellent project and document management skills
• A self-starter with good business sense who can work independently but in a collaborative environment – you have proven abilities to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment while taking direction and welcoming feedback throughout the process
• A strong service oriented mindset; you are not happy until the job is done, and done well.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
• Ongoing career development and learning
• Meaningful rewards and recognition
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 4, 2018