The City’s Human Resources team is looking for an Employee Engagement Specialist to deliver a suite of internal programs and events that will contribute to our strategic objective to cultivate a safe, desirable and engaging workplace.
In this role, you’ll bring your employee engagement experience and knowledge to help the City improve employee experiences, foster connection, and enhance our collaborative, innovative and inclusive culture.
Exempt ‐ Regular Full‐Time
This position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting human resource programs that reinforce the City’s values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service and Teamwork. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources and Communications, the City Employee
Engagement Specialist will:
• Develop and maintain employee engagement initiatives across the City to support HR programs, change management initiatives, and corporate priority projects.
• Collect and analyze employee sentiment through pulse surveys, employee focus groups and other employee experience data.
• Plan, develop and implement activities for City of Surrey employees to cultivate a safe, desirable and engaging workplace.
• Seek diverse perspectives and ideas to build and expand the City’s employee engagement framework.
• Plan and execute on diversity and inclusion activities that build a more inclusive workplace.
• Organize staff appreciation events.
• Administer HR programs such as the Student Mentorship Program and the Employee Memorial Scholarship Program.
• Manage and grow the Surrey Employee Excellence Awards Program.
• Work closely with the Employee Engagement & Communications Lead to deliver effective content that informs, engages and inspires City of Surrey staff and builds employee culture. Provide expertise, advice and support to city staff on engagement activities.
• Collaborate with staff across the City to ensure alignment to the City of Surrey’s corporate communications and engagement strategies.
• Perform other job‐related duties, as required
• University degree or college diploma in Communications or Human Resources or related discipline, plus minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in developing and delivering internal communications plans and strategies with a broad knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of employee engagement theories and practices.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and leadership
• Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task and meet tight
• Exhibits good judgment, initiative, and can work independently and contribute effectively in a team environment.
• Self‐motivated team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
• A Police Information Check will be required.
This Position is Open Until Filled.