We are accepting applications for the role of Manager, Alumni and Donor Relations at Vancouver Island University (VIU). As a member of the Advancement leadership team, the Manager will focus on refining and driving a new Alumni Engagement Strategy and Donor Stewardship strategies aimed at building loyalty and lifelong engagement with VIU.
Under the direction of the AVP Community Partnerships, and in collaboration with the VIU Alumni Association, the Manager of Alumni and Donor Relations is responsible and accountable for the success, design, implementation and management of a comprehensive alumni and donor relations program at Vancouver Island University. This key leadership role has a broad, challenging, and exciting portfolio. Leading the communications function of the Advancement Team for the University, the Manager oversees all alumni relations, stewardship, and event management functions that support relationship building and fund development initiatives at VIU.
In partnership with the Alumni Relations portfolio, the Manager will oversee the University stewardship program. Utilizing superior customer service skill, VIU is committed to providing authentic and meaningful stewardship of our donors and partners.
- Post-secondary degree with a focus on public and stakeholder relations marketing, communications and leadership.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in an advancement role focused on alumni relations, preferably in a university environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in developing a communications strategy, ideally in a post-secondary setting
- Proven ability to champion, motivate and lead teams to achieve tangible goals and exceptional performance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a superior ability to engage diverse audiences
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to establish credibility internally and externally
- Goal oriented, highly energetic with a positive and enthusiastic approach
- A commitment to excellent best-in-class customer services
- Able to cope with ambiguity, set priorities, multi-task effectively, and earn the respect and trust of others
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus
- Experience and high comfort level working creatively with limited resources
- Working knowledge of fundraising practices and campaign experience in a large organization would be an asset
- Digital communications experience and proficiency would be an asset
View the full position and apply online by the close date of February 9th, 2022.
- Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Vancouver Island University (VIU) is collectively committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment for faculty, staff, and students. In our journey towards greater diversity we invite applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all gender identities and sexual orientations who bring value to the VIU community through their lived experiences. We encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their application cover letter. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be used only for the fulfillment of the career opportunity. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.