We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Your track record of leading strategic internal communications efforts coupled with your passion for elevating employee experience make you a go-to contact and trusted partner. You know what it takes to connect employees with the organization’s vision and more importantly, have a way of distilling complex topics into simple and relatable messages. With your initiative and extensive background, you’d be a great fit as our Manager, Employee Communications.
In this role, you’ll join a credible team responsible for strategizing and delivering internal communications of business priorities and fostering employee experience at FortisBC. You’ll be reporting to the Senior Manager, Employee Experience, and leading a team of Employee Communications Advisors.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, execute and evaluate all internal communication efforts to ensure employees across all business areas are informed, motivated and connected to our business, brand and culture.
- Partner with our senior leadership team, including our executives, to drive the internal communications of FortisBC’s long and short-term business priorities.
- Lead all communications to the leadership team to ensure our more than 400 leaders are well informed, supported and can effectively connect with employees to relay concerns and questions.
- Provide strategic change communications support as needed for distinct projects, and manage high-risk issues and crisis communications internally.
- Support business areas with developing robust communications strategies for their teams.
- Oversee internal announcement of all organizational changes and supports senior leadership with informing impacted employees prior to any broad communications.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or similar program from a recognized institution plus at least seven years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience working in or with a corporate human resources department is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communications skills with a succinct writing style that can get to the point quickly and deliver information in a compelling way.
- Excellent strategic-thinking initiative execution skills with the ability to plan big picture initiatives and the attention to detail to elevate small project.
- Great interpersonal skills to maintain relationships in a matrix environment and a dedication to delivering a high standard of client service.
- Effective leadership and decision making skills to elevate your team and solve complex problems with a focus on results.
- A demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.