Over 600,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
Manages the development and delivery of internal communications for CMBC, developing plans and participating in the development of
strategies that are consistent with CMBC and TL objectives and priorities. Provides advice to the Executive Management team on
employee and corporate communications and issues management.
- Develops plans and leads the development of strategies for CMBC communications, collaborating with the CMBC Executive Management
Team and TransLink Communications to ensure alignment across the Enterprise.
- Provides advice to the Executive Management team in development and delivery of internal communications strategy on employee and
corporate communications and issues management. Works closely with concerned department/ teams to develop and deliver appropriate
communications for any media enquiries.
- Edits and delivers regular communications for all staff through a range of channels, ensuring ease of access to communications,
clarity and consistency of messages. Develops and maintains regular feedback channels to promote cross communication and
monitoring the results of the feedback to ensure continuous improvement in communications.
- Provides communications analysis for major CMBC initiatives, liaising with TransLink and Communities to ensure integrated
approach. Researches and produces policy analysis and recommendations. Develops knowledge and understanding of internal
communications tools and techniques and best practices.
- Acts as sponsor for capital project/s by planning and leading their development and ensures all the phases are completed within
specifications and with minimal interruptions. Acts as first point of contact to respond to inquiries (e.g. administrative staff,
contractors, vendors, public and other stakeholders) for the purpose of providing required information and or referring to
- Initiates, develops and manages internal communication programs; liaises with TransLink and operating companies to ensure
consistent, timely implementation. Oversees the administration of CMBC's formal Employee Recognition program including providing
management procedures and guidelines. Coordinates corporate employee recognition functions and events including planning, hosting
and facilitating events onsite and at external venues. Coordinates with TransLink for information pertaining to employee
- Researches, writes, edit and manage production of corporate communications material across various levels, including preparing
of speeches, presentations and employee communications for President and GM, as well as Senior Managers.
- Manages and leads staff, including recruitment, selection, training, coaching, development, performance management and all other
people management practices.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position would be acquired through successful completion of a university degree/college diploma in
Communications or a related field plus six (6) years of progressive experience in corporate communications or public relations
within a large public organization with experience in managing/supervising staff.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques of strategic communications.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills to develop and implement communication strategies, plans and a variety of
communication materials, including web and social media content.
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to recognize political and other sensitivities, and develop
credibility with internal stakeholders through communication.
- Advanced knowledge of standard office tools including word processing, web-based and presentation software.
- Solid project management and time management skills.
- Solid working knowledge of electronic publishing and social media.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid supervisory and people management skills.
Location: CMBC Head Office, Surrey BC (Gateway Station)
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
Work Schedule - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $83,407 to $104,259 per annum ($42.63 to $53.28 per hour)
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.coastmountainbus.com/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Coast Mountain Bus Company is an equal opportunity employer.