Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com.
Xenon is seeking a well-rounded and experienced Manager/Senior Manager, Corporate Communications with skills in corporate communications, change management, content development and communications strategic planning to reach both internal and external audiences using appropriate channels and tactics.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Manager/Senior Manager, Corporate Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing internal and corporate communications plans, tools, and materials to enhance Xenon’s reputation and build support for Xenon’s strategic business initiatives, both internally and externally. This position will be based in our Burnaby office.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, propose and execute effective communication strategies and programs to elevate the company’s strategic and business positions for a variety of external audiences.
- Draft external communications for the company, including key messages, press releases, Q&As, company presentations, and corporate backgrounders using a variety of methods, channels and technologies consistent with best-in-class practices.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, support Xenon’s corporate branding efforts, ensuring corporate branding and messaging is consistent and up to date on Xenon’s corporate website and other external sites (as appropriate).
- Develop and manage a media relations function, including plans to generate, respond to and track media interest in Xenon.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other key internal stakeholders, support internal communications to employees, including Town Halls, intranet, email communications and the like.
- Participate in and support projects, as required, to support corporate and departmental goals.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field of study and minimum 8 years progressive experience in corporate communications, internal communications, or public relations, ideally within publicly-traded, life sciences companies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Science background would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Expert writer, editor, and communicator with the ability to create channel specific content.
- Strong verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Combination of strategic and creative thinker and hands-on tactician.
- Experience in social media platforms, intranet content development, website content development, and other communication technologies.
- Ability to identify and handle confidential materials/information appropriately.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Knowledge of the life sciences sector, with an understanding of FDA and SEC regulations impacting communications would be an asset.
To apply for this position, visit the job posting here and click Apply Now at the bottom of the page and complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.