Marketing and Communications Officer
There is an opening for a casual, on-call position of Marketing and Communications Officer at Surrey Libraries Administration. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Supervisor, the Marketing and Communications Officer performs a variety of duties related to the promotion and implementation of Library programs, special events, and marketing and communications campaigns for the Library.
This is an on-call casual position, working up to 35 hours per week.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs, prepares, and distributes promotional materials relating to Library operations, marketing and communications campaigns, and fundraising activities such as: posters, brochures, hand bills, bookmarks, e-newsletters, advertising, infographics, booklets, and direct mail
- Coordinates, maintains, and posts social media content and monitors sites
- Assists with photography and production of short promotional videos
- Coordinates design and production of printed materials and branded merchandise with external suppliers
- Updates the Library’s website, including graphic design and updating of content and links
- Coordinates and maintains a collection of Library articles, images, and videos
- Assists with writing and editing marketing and communications pieces
- Assists with promotion, setup, and implementation of Library programs and special events
- Assists with coordinating and maintaining a collection of Library props and equipment used in library programs, services, and special events
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Completion of a diploma or certificate in a recognized post-secondary program with a focus on graphic design and marketing, or an equivalent combination of directly related work experience, training, and courses
- Accurate keyboarding speed of 35 words per minute
- 1 to 2 years related working experience
- Graphic design and website editing
- Copywriting and editing, including digital content creation
- Knowledge of software applications related to the work performed
- Knowledge of promotional techniques and marketing trends
- Knowledge of usage of photo/video equipment related to the work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively, spoken and written
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with internal customers and external suppliers
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
How to apply
A criminal record check is a condition of employment. If you are interested in this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume with the subject “Marketing and Communications Officer” to SPLEmployment@surrey.ca. The deadline is January 29, 2021.
We thank in advance all applicants who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.