Date: May 25, 2023
Competition: # 23-46A
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME TERM POSITION
(TERM END DATE JANUARY 2025)
Position: Marketing & Communications Advisor (Position #1000166)
Division: Brand, Communications & Engagement
Reporting To: Vice-President, Brand, Communications & Engagement
Justice Institute of British Columbia:
The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is a public, post-secondary institution that provides education and training to those who’ll be there to support British Columbians and others around the world, when a life is at stake or when health, safety or property is in jeopardy. Work for JIBC and be a part of the big picture – supporting justice and public safety professionals at all stages of their careers in fields including law enforcement, firefighting, paramedicine, security and emergency management.
As a JIBC employee you’ll play a role in our educational programming, which also includes complementary and related areas of study – from conflict resolution, mediation, leadership and counselling, to cybersecurity, business intelligence, and tactical criminal analysis – as well as applied research in the justice and public safety fields. Join our team and help us prepare JIBC graduates to contribute to safer communities and a more just society.
The incumbent must have the proven ability to develop marketing and communications plans and strategies, preferably in a post-secondary environment. This position creates and oversees marketing and communications plans and activities for a portfolio of internal clients representing approximately half of the Institute’s Schools and Divisions. The position also participates in JIBC-wide marketing activities. Working closely with programming staff in the School and Divisions and the Manager, Brand & Marketing, the incumbent creates and implements marketing and communications plans that ensure an integrated and strategic approach to promoting JIBC and its many offerings using a variety of approaches, tactics, and measurements, including digital media, email marketing, social media, paid media, web analytics, and print, to help Schools and Divisions meet their enrollment goals.
- Create and implement marketing plans to increase awareness, and promote programs, and courses to enhance JIBC’s reputation, drive enrolment and increase contract training.
- Develop & implement multichannel marketing campaigns including paid, earned and owned media, ensuring consistency and impact of messaging and alignment with brand standards.
- Draft, edit and proof content for multiple channels/mediums including website, social media, newsletters, blog, presentations, speaking notes and video scripts.
- Working in collaboration with programming staff, conduct market research and create strategies to attract new audiences and markets, and launch programs and events.
- Collaborate effectively with staff in program areas and Brand, Communications & Engagement team to ensure that plans are well understood and have buy-in.
- Develop and apply metrics to measure success of marketing efforts; make recommendations to internal stakeholders and identify new opportunities.
- Work with internal and external designers to produce a variety of creative assets and marketing collateral, writing creative briefs, providing feedback and upholding brand standards.
- Coordinate media buying, soliciting estimates and ensuring appropriate placement of ads.
- Maintains relationships with external vendors to ensure service level agreements are being met.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of web pages for portfolio areas, including content writing, to ensure they meet the needs of prospective and current students and clients.
- Support marketing needs for special events, trade shows and conferences to increase awareness and recruit new students and clients.
- Prioritize projects, identify deliverables, tasks, milestones and deadlines. Ensure work is completed on time and with high quality.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of marketing budgets for the Schools and Divisions in the portfolio; create project plans, event budgets and work plans for marketing campaigns and special events.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in a related field (Communications or Marketing)
- At least five years related experience in all aspects of developing, maintaining and measuring the success of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in a post-secondary educational environment is an asset.
- Google Ads certification an asset.
Salary Range: $2,287.60 to $2,603.30 bi-weekly (BCGEU Position – Grid 20)
Posting Date: May 25, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter and copies of academic credentials, quoting Competition #23-46A,via email to email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact April Van Ert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position.
Justice Institute of British Columbia believes in creating accessible programming, workplaces and spaces that reflect the community we serve. Our desire is to continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees and students and where everyone feels empowered to share their experiences and ideas.
We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds named under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or a person of Indigenous ancestry.